All images saving as bitmap

June 7, 2005 10:43:17 PM

I don't know where to address this question but whenever I try to save a
picture on the web it will only allow me to save it as a bitmap image. I
cannot save animated gifs, etc. because of this. When I click to save the
image it will have "untitled" already listed as the filename and Bitmap as
the extension, and I cannot change it.

Any ideas on how to fix this??

More about : images saving bitmap

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 2:05:29 AM

Hi,

Happens when the TIF (Temporary Internet Files) become corrupted or
overflowing. From Internet Explorer, click tools/internet options, and on
the general tab click the button to "delete files". This should resolve it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"zenrau" <zenrau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't know where to address this question but whenever I try to save a
> picture on the web it will only allow me to save it as a bitmap image. I
> cannot save animated gifs, etc. because of this. When I click to save the
> image it will have "untitled" already listed as the filename and Bitmap as
> the extension, and I cannot change it.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this??
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 2:05:30 AM

Thanks so much. Deleting the temp files did the trick.

!