All images saving as bitmap

I don't know where to address this question but whenever I try to save a
picture on the web it will only allow me to save it as a bitmap image. I
cannot save animated gifs, etc. because of this. When I click to save the
image it will have "untitled" already listed as the filename and Bitmap as
the extension, and I cannot change it.

Any ideas on how to fix this??
2 answers Last reply
More about images saving bitmap

    Hi,

    Happens when the TIF (Temporary Internet Files) become corrupted or
    overflowing. From Internet Explorer, click tools/internet options, and on
    the general tab click the button to "delete files". This should resolve it.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "zenrau" <zenrau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I don't know where to address this question but whenever I try to save a
    > picture on the web it will only allow me to save it as a bitmap image. I
    > cannot save animated gifs, etc. because of this. When I click to save the
    > image it will have "untitled" already listed as the filename and Bitmap as
    > the extension, and I cannot change it.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to fix this??

    Thanks so much. Deleting the temp files did the trick.

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Happens when the TIF (Temporary Internet Files) become corrupted or
    > overflowing. From Internet Explorer, click tools/internet options, and on
    > the general tab click the button to "delete files". This should resolve it.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "zenrau" <zenrau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I don't know where to address this question but whenever I try to save a
    > > picture on the web it will only allow me to save it as a bitmap image. I
    > > cannot save animated gifs, etc. because of this. When I click to save the
    > > image it will have "untitled" already listed as the filename and Bitmap as
    > > the extension, and I cannot change it.
    > >
    > > Any ideas on how to fix this??

Microsoft Windows XP