need help to allow cookies

i have gone into tools-internet options-privance set it to allow all
cookies.also went into trusted sites set to allow web site. still getting
message that my browser will not accept thier cookie. can any please help.

Suggest disabling any firewall until cookies are working correctly. Make
certain your time, date, and time *zone* settings are all correct.

Managing Cookies
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283185
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#cookies

Web Site Reports That You Must Enable Cookies
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299331

Error Message: Not Accepting Cookies
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=175662

Error Message: Your Web Browser Options Are Currently Set to Disable
Cookies...
(covers re-setting time via command line prompt)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814141

[Troubleshooting Secure Sites (WinXP/IE6 SP1)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers2.htm#secure_sites

Troubleshooting Secure Site (WinXP/IE6 SP2)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700]
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

gadawg4 wrote:
> i have gone into tools-internet options-privance set it to allow all
> cookies.also went into trusted sites set to allow web site. still getting
> message that my browser will not accept thier cookie. can any please help.

I wouldn't disable any of the firewalls as you will end up with a bigger
problem than your browser not accepting cookies.

With regards to IE all you should need to do is go into Internet Options,
click privacy and make your changes from there. You can either either use
the slide bar to adjust the overall privacy setting or you can go into Sites
and add the individual site which will allow all cookies. You can also play
around with the advanced settings on here.

What firewall client(s) are you using as some of these will block cookies
regardless of any settings you change in IE? If you are still having
problems then it is most likely being caused by your firewall. Again though
I wouldn't disable your firewall as your machine will be open to everyone
regardless of any antivirus software you are running. I can't speak for all
firewalls but I know with zone alarm you were able to turn the blocking of
cookies on or off so it might be worth taking a look at your firewall
settings.