Media Player

Have tried the Media Player forum, but no response..!! :-((

So - if you guys can help - then thanks in advance......

I am using WMP 10 and would appreciate any advice on where I can find the
stored data.

The issue is that I have all my MP3 files on an external Hard Disk, and I
have spent hours (if not days) getting all the cataloguing just right.
However, occasionally I need to reinstall Windows XP Pro (as we all do!) and
I seem to lose all the data! (Not the files, just the information that I
have entered and changed)

What I would like to do is to be able to backup this information so that on
the next reinstall, I can just restore and not have to reneter all the
information and amendments again.

Any help is willingly accepted...

Regards
3 answers Last reply
More about media player

    I THINK those files are by default stored in the My Music folder in the My
    Documents folder. That would be (again, by default and assuming that you
    have installed XP on the C drive) C:\Documents and Settings\ProfileName\My
    Documents\My Music where ProfileName is the name of YOUR current profile
    (maybe administrator or user or TomJones or whatever).
    "Crispy" wrote:

    > Have tried the Media Player forum, but no response..!! :-((
    >
    > So - if you guys can help - then thanks in advance......
    >
    > I am using WMP 10 and would appreciate any advice on where I can find the
    > stored data.
    >
    > The issue is that I have all my MP3 files on an external Hard Disk, and I
    > have spent hours (if not days) getting all the cataloguing just right.
    > However, occasionally I need to reinstall Windows XP Pro (as we all do!) and
    > I seem to lose all the data! (Not the files, just the information that I
    > have entered and changed)
    >
    > What I would like to do is to be able to backup this information so that on
    > the next reinstall, I can just restore and not have to reneter all the
    > information and amendments again.
    >
    > Any help is willingly accepted...
    >
    > Regards

    I cannot find that location at all - or anything like it??????

    Any other thoughts are welcomed..

    "Kathea Banshou" <KatheaBanshou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I THINK those files are by default stored in the My Music folder in the My
    > Documents folder. That would be (again, by default and assuming that you
    > have installed XP on the C drive) C:\Documents and Settings\ProfileName\My
    > Documents\My Music where ProfileName is the name of YOUR current profile
    > (maybe administrator or user or TomJones or whatever).
    > "Crispy" wrote:
    >
    >> Have tried the Media Player forum, but no response..!! :-((
    >>
    >> So - if you guys can help - then thanks in advance......
    >>
    >> I am using WMP 10 and would appreciate any advice on where I can find the
    >> stored data.
    >>
    >> The issue is that I have all my MP3 files on an external Hard Disk, and I
    >> have spent hours (if not days) getting all the cataloguing just right.
    >> However, occasionally I need to reinstall Windows XP Pro (as we all do!)
    >> and
    >> I seem to lose all the data! (Not the files, just the information that I
    >> have entered and changed)
    >>
    >> What I would like to do is to be able to backup this information so that
    >> on
    >> the next reinstall, I can just restore and not have to reneter all the
    >> information and amendments again.
    >>
    >> Any help is willingly accepted...
    >>
    >> Regards

    What would be the names of the files where the data is stored?

    CHeers

    "Kathea Banshou" <KatheaBanshou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I THINK those files are by default stored in the My Music folder in the My
    > Documents folder. That would be (again, by default and assuming that you
    > have installed XP on the C drive) C:\Documents and Settings\ProfileName\My
    > Documents\My Music where ProfileName is the name of YOUR current profile
    > (maybe administrator or user or TomJones or whatever).
    > "Crispy" wrote:
    >
    >> Have tried the Media Player forum, but no response..!! :-((
    >>
    >> So - if you guys can help - then thanks in advance......
    >>
    >> I am using WMP 10 and would appreciate any advice on where I can find the
    >> stored data.
    >>
    >> The issue is that I have all my MP3 files on an external Hard Disk, and I
    >> have spent hours (if not days) getting all the cataloguing just right.
    >> However, occasionally I need to reinstall Windows XP Pro (as we all do!)
    >> and
    >> I seem to lose all the data! (Not the files, just the information that I
    >> have entered and changed)
    >>
    >> What I would like to do is to be able to backup this information so that
    >> on
    >> the next reinstall, I can just restore and not have to reneter all the
    >> information and amendments again.
    >>
    >> Any help is willingly accepted...
    >>
    >> Regards

Microsoft Media Player Windows XP