Treo 610 on Verizon?

Article from: www.everythingtreo.com

Treo 610 on Verizon?

It's feeling a bit like the movie Groundhog Day here at Everything Treo.
Last month, there were rumors flying around the internet about the release
of the Treo 610. With last weeks analyst report regarding Sierra, the rumors
of the 610 are deafening. It seems to be apparent that the 610 will appear
on the Verizon network. Additional features have not been confirmed, yet
some sites are reporting Bluetooth and Hi-Resolution screen. Neither of
which are confirmed at this point. The one thing we do know is that PalmOne
will release a follow-up to the Treo 600. Look for the Treo to appear on the
Verizon network in the May/June timeframe. Often ranked high among wireless
providers, this is welcome news.

_KC_

"Pat Fune" <write-2-us@cox.net> wrote in message
> Article from: www.everythingtreo.com
>
> Treo 610 on Verizon?
>
> It's feeling a bit like the movie Groundhog Day here at Everything Treo.
> Last month, there were rumors flying around the internet about the release
> of the Treo 610. With last weeks analyst report regarding Sierra, the
rumors
> of the 610 are deafening. It seems to be apparent that the 610 will appear
> on the Verizon network. Additional features have not been confirmed, yet
> some sites are reporting Bluetooth and Hi-Resolution screen. Neither of
> which are confirmed at this point. The one thing we do know is that
PalmOne
> will release a follow-up to the Treo 600. Look for the Treo to appear on
the
> Verizon network in the May/June timeframe. Often ranked high among
wireless
> providers, this is welcome news.

Its supposed to launch next week AFAIK. Supposedly going to have a camera
and non camera version of it.

KC

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

I don't understand all the excitment over the Treo coming to VZW. If Verizon
does what they have always done in the past,(ala Get It Now) there is the
possibilty they will make Palm lock out third party apps. Meaning you will
have to go to a vendor like Handago to download "approved" apps. It means
more $$$ for VZW and more grief for users.

HBL

Previously on alt.cellular.verizon, anon@anonomus.net said:

; I don't understand all the excitment over the Treo coming to VZW. If Verizon
; does what they have always done in the past,(ala Get It Now) there is the
; possibilty they will make Palm lock out third party apps. Meaning you will

They can do that on the regular phones, but not on a smartphone.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan <*> www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled <*> Send personal mail to gordol

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage
where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the
citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest
periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn
Rand, the Nature of Government

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:14:17 -0700, "Pat Fune" <write-2-us@cox.net> chose to
add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:14:17 -0700
>
>. Look for the Treo to appear on the
>Verizon network in the May/June timeframe.

.....He says on the second day of July. Or did you mean NEXT May/June?

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"I sure wish I knew what was going on." - Henry Blake
"Oh, I'll tell you later, sir." - Radar
"You always say that, Radar, but you never do." - Henry