steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I have a sony laptop w/windows xp home edition. My trial registration period
ended in feb, and my windows xp he product key # is not being recognized.
sony website tells me to contact micrsoft, and vice versa. At this point,
I'm not sure I had a windows install disc or not (still looking for a disc I
might have misplaced - i do have a cert of authenticity card w/trial key #)
--
steve

You'll need to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP Professional
and proceed with a "Repair Install".

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"steve" wrote:

| I have a sony laptop w/windows xp home edition. My trial registration period
| ended in feb, and my windows xp he product key # is not being recognized.
| sony website tells me to contact micrsoft, and vice versa. At this point,
| I'm not sure I had a windows install disc or not (still looking for a disc I
| might have misplaced - i do have a cert of authenticity card w/trial key #)
| --
| steve

If you purchased the laptop new with XP preinstalled then the manufacturer
is responsible for the software. Try contacting Sony directly.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp