local admin access granted to domain user acct

June 9, 2005 12:44:17 PM

A domain user acct was granted admin rights to a local XP Pro workstation.
After to doing this the domain user log in but still is not able to install a
software.

Error:
Administrator privileges are required to install Insight.

Please install with an alternate account or contact your system administrator.

Setup is unable to continue.

How can I get this domain user acct to be able to install this software?
Help!!!

More about : local admin access granted domain user acct

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 1:26:19 PM

You made the domain account a member of the local administrator group?

"tvang" wrote:

> A domain user acct was granted admin rights to a local XP Pro workstation.
> After to doing this the domain user log in but still is not able to install a
> software.
>
> Error:
> Administrator privileges are required to install Insight.
>
> Please install with an alternate account or contact your system administrator.
>
> Setup is unable to continue.
>
> How can I get this domain user acct to be able to install this software?
> Help!!!
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 4:09:02 PM

Yes the domain acct is a member of the local administrator group. Am I
missing something else?

!