HP Officejet 6110 scanner light

I have an HP Officejet 6110. It is great except that its scan light appears
to be permanently on, even when it has not been used for days. I am
concerned that this will prematurely age the scan light. Is there any way of
putting the scan light into a standby mode?

Steve Luttrell
2 answers Last reply
More about officejet 6110 scanner light

    I was just going through tech support with this issue. They sent me a new
    printer which did it as well. then they had me change the standby mode
    setting under maintenance to 1 hour. Apparently it was set to 12 hours.

    I'll know if it works in 53 minutes... I'll post back.

    Jesse

    "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet@_removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk> wrote in
    message news:414a22d5$0$41658$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...
    > I have an HP Officejet 6110. It is great except that its scan light
    appears
    > to be permanently on, even when it has not been used for days. I am
    > concerned that this will prematurely age the scan light. Is there any way
    of
    > putting the scan light into a standby mode?
    >
    > Steve Luttrell

    setting the standby mode on the printer sets the light off in one hour. it
    may have happened sooner, but I wasn't in the room the whole time

    "Jesse Gelber" <jgelber@NO_/SPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I was just going through tech support with this issue. They sent me a new
    > printer which did it as well. then they had me change the standby mode
    > setting under maintenance to 1 hour. Apparently it was set to 12 hours.
    >
    > I'll know if it works in 53 minutes... I'll post back.
    >
    > Jesse
    >

    > "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet@_removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk> wrote in
    > message news:414a22d5$0$41658$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...
    > > I have an HP Officejet 6110. It is great except that its scan light
    > appears
    > > to be permanently on, even when it has not been used for days. I am
    > > concerned that this will prematurely age the scan light. Is there any
    way
    > of
    > > putting the scan light into a standby mode?
    > >
    > > Steve Luttrell

Hewlett Packard Light Scanners Officejet Computers