Grantsdale - PCI Express & DDRII

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Does anyone know if the Grantsdale chipset is going to include PCI Express, DDRII and full Prescott support. I haven't seen any Intel "roadmap" write-ups? I'm trying to decide if I should wait on Grantsdale or jump in now with 865 boards and P4c (800FSB).

Opinions would be appreciated.

<b><font color=red>It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is. - Bill Clinton<b><font color=red>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Found the answer <A HREF="http://www.extremetech.com/print_article/0,3998,a=37590,00.asp" target="_new">here</A>.

Seems target time frame is Fall 2004.

<b><font color=red>It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is. - Bill Clinton<b><font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you jump on now, your memory will not outlive your current platform. DDRII will be more reliable and cheaper to produce than current PC3200.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!
Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!
Now that's scary ...

piasabird

Distinguished
May 16, 2002
I have seen some articles that claim Intel has changed the Voltage requirements for the next version of the P4 and the present 800 Mhz 865/875 motherboards will not work with the processors due to come out after October which would be bad news if you beleived Intel was really telling the truth when Intel said the next processor core would work on the 865/867 chipset motherboards and went out and purchased one.

I also saw an article on www.theregister.com (UK) claiming ATI had teamed up with Intel to design integrated graphics solutions for the P4, but that it was only for PCI Express. This may be an indication of what Intel is working on.

I personally think a new and improved smaller form factor is way overdue. PCI Express will hopefully make it possible. Smaller can be better.

when you see smoke is that a good sign?