"Add to favorites" in Windows Explorer?

Under 'Favorites' in My Computer, there is "Add to favorites" and "Organise
favorites". But these two things are missing from the Favorites menu in
Windows Explorer. Is there any way to get them to appear in Windows
Explorer?

Gerry
5 answers Last reply
More about favorites windows explorer

    Are you referring to Favorites toolbar button or Favorites dropdown menu in
    topmost toolbar?
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Gerry Wolff wrote:
    > Under 'Favorites' in My Computer, there is "Add to favorites" and
    > "Organise favorites". But these two things are missing from the Favorites
    > menu in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to get them to appear in
    > Windows Explorer?
    >
    > Gerry

    The dropdown menu.

    Gerry

    Long shot: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/redxorg.htm
    --

    Gerry Wolff wrote:
    > The dropdown menu.
    >
    > Gerry

    >> Are you referring to Favorites toolbar button or Favorites dropdown menu
    >> in topmost toolbar?
    >> --
    >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >>
    >> Gerry Wolff wrote:
    >>> Under 'Favorites' in My Computer, there is "Add to favorites" and
    >>> "Organise favorites". But these two things are missing from the
    >>> Favorites
    >>> menu in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to get them to appear in
    >>> Windows Explorer?
    >>>
    >>> Gerry
  4. I'm pretty sure it is a virus. I'm having that problem.
    I was using Internet Explorer 7, and it started acting weird.
    I think it was a drive-by virus.
    From there, it infected Windows Explorer.

    In WinExplore, all the icons have changed for my favorites in the Favorites drop down menu.

    In both IE and WinExplore, the History icon in the drop down menus associated with the Back and Previous buttons have changed, but later change back.

    My system restore will appear to function, but upon reboot, it says it could not restore to that date; and I've tried a dozen different restore points.

    Avira anti-virus found a file which Symantec identified as a packed archive typically only used by virus makers.

    I booted from Puppy Linux and copied some files from that hard drive to another, and then booted alone the other drive with Windows XP, and that drive began exhibiting the same signs.

    So it is dangerous.

    Quote:

    Gerry Wolff wrote:
    > The dropdown menu.
    >
    > Gerry

    >> Are you referring to Favorites toolbar button or Favorites dropdown menu
    >> in topmost toolbar?
    >> --
    >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >>
    >> Gerry Wolff wrote:
    >>> Under 'Favorites' in My Computer, there is "Add to favorites" and
    >>> "Organise favorites". But these two things are missing from the
    >>> Favorites
    >>> menu in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to get them to appear in
    >>> Windows Explorer?
    >>>
    >>> Gerry

Windows Explorer Microsoft Favorites Windows XP