"Add to favorites" in Windows Explorer?

June 10, 2005 3:53:35 PM

Under 'Favorites' in My Computer, there is "Add to favorites" and "Organise
favorites". But these two things are missing from the Favorites menu in
Windows Explorer. Is there any way to get them to appear in Windows
Explorer?

Gerry
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 6:46:32 PM

Are you referring to Favorites toolbar button or Favorites dropdown menu in
topmost toolbar?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Gerry Wolff wrote:
> Under 'Favorites' in My Computer, there is "Add to favorites" and
> "Organise favorites". But these two things are missing from the Favorites
> menu in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to get them to appear in
> Windows Explorer?
>
> Gerry
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:00:02 PM

The dropdown menu.

Gerry

> Are you referring to Favorites toolbar button or Favorites dropdown menu
> in topmost toolbar?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Gerry Wolff wrote:
>> Under 'Favorites' in My Computer, there is "Add to favorites" and
>> "Organise favorites". But these two things are missing from the Favorites
>> menu in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to get them to appear in
>> Windows Explorer?
>>
>> Gerry

June 14, 2005 1:54:06 AM

Long shot: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/redxorg.htm
--

Gerry Wolff wrote:
> The dropdown menu.
>
> Gerry

>> Are you referring to Favorites toolbar button or Favorites dropdown menu
>> in topmost toolbar?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>>
>> Gerry Wolff wrote:
>>> Under 'Favorites' in My Computer, there is "Add to favorites" and
>>> "Organise favorites". But these two things are missing from the
>>> Favorites
>>> menu in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to get them to appear in
>>> Windows Explorer?
>>>
>>> Gerry
June 29, 2011 3:40:55 PM

I'm pretty sure it is a virus. I'm having that problem.
I was using Internet Explorer 7, and it started acting weird.
I think it was a drive-by virus.
From there, it infected Windows Explorer.

In WinExplore, all the icons have changed for my favorites in the Favorites drop down menu.

In both IE and WinExplore, the History icon in the drop down menus associated with the Back and Previous buttons have changed, but later change back.

My system restore will appear to function, but upon reboot, it says it could not restore to that date; and I've tried a dozen different restore points.

Avira anti-virus found a file which Symantec identified as a packed archive typically only used by virus makers.

I booted from Puppy Linux and copied some files from that hard drive to another, and then booted alone the other drive with Windows XP, and that drive began exhibiting the same signs.

So it is dangerous.

Quote:

!