wheres my deleted material going?

hi everyone,
I'm using windows xp, and recently(yestersday) i accidently deleted a folder
which i though i can restore from the recycle bin. The folder was only approx
50Kb and the recycle bin size is set as 3 GB. Yet the folder is not in the
recycle bin, and i haven't cleaned the recycle bin either. Any ideas of where
the folder is? and how can i get deleted stuff going back to the recycle bin
again. Any ideas of how i can locate my other deleted material for yesterday.
3 answers Last reply
More about wheres deleted material going

    jimmy wrote:

    > hi everyone,
    > I'm using windows xp, and recently(yestersday) i accidently deleted a
    > folder which i though i can restore from the recycle bin. The folder
    > was only approx 50Kb and the recycle bin size is set as 3 GB. Yet the
    > folder is not in the recycle bin, and i haven't cleaned the recycle
    > bin either. Any ideas of where the folder is? and how can i get
    > deleted stuff going back to the recycle bin again. Any ideas of how i
    > can locate my other deleted material for yesterday.

    Go to MVP Kelly Theriot's site here:

    and click on "R". Scroll down to the Recycle Bin for solutions to
    various issues.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    the folder is in your bathroom.

    "jimmy" <jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > hi everyone,
    > I'm using windows xp, and recently(yestersday) i accidently deleted a
    folder
    > which i though i can restore from the recycle bin. The folder was only
    approx
    > 50Kb and the recycle bin size is set as 3 GB. Yet the folder is not in the
    > recycle bin, and i haven't cleaned the recycle bin either. Any ideas of
    where
    > the folder is? and how can i get deleted stuff going back to the recycle
    bin
    > again. Any ideas of how i can locate my other deleted material for
    yesterday.

    On the desktop, right click Recycle Bin | Properties |
    Uncheck: ? Do not move files to the Recycle Bin |
    Check: ? Display delete confirmation dialog
    Apply | OK
    ----

    This may be a moot point now, but in the future when you delete something or
    empty your Recycle Bin and want to recover something from it... Stop using
    the computer now. Your recovery chances are better if the file has not been
    overwritten.

    This is free.

    Restoration Version 2.5.14 Author: Brian Kato
    http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html

    Description
    [[Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin or deleted while
    holding down the Shift key by mistake. Conversely, this program has another
    function that makes it almost impossible to restore all deleted files. You
    can use it after deletion of confidential documents, embarrassing files and
    so on.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:CCA48D14-A32B-4661-8420-BB3EF3D77F60@microsoft.com,
    jimmy <jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > hi everyone,
    > I'm using windows xp, and recently(yestersday) i accidently deleted a
    > folder which i though i can restore from the recycle bin. The folder was
    > only approx 50Kb and the recycle bin size is set as 3 GB. Yet the folder
    > is not in the recycle bin, and i haven't cleaned the recycle bin either.
    > Any ideas of where the folder is? and how can i get deleted stuff going
    > back to the recycle bin again. Any ideas of how i can locate my other
    > deleted material for yesterday.

Microsoft Windows XP