i installed a XP-Home on my PC, after several days i format my hardisk.
What will happen to my previous windows activation/registration? Can I
still re-intall my software (XP-Home) on the same PC? Will it affect my
registration? Please advise.. thanks

--
boggs

When you reformat your drive and reinstall Windows XP,
you'll need to activate once again. If activating via the internet
is not successful, then select the option to "activate by phone"
to obtain a new, and free, activation code.

How to activate Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307890

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

In news:boggs.1qerpn@pcbanter.net,
boggs <boggs.1qerpn@pcbanter.net> typed:

> i installed a XP-Home on my PC, after several days i format my
> hardisk. What will happen to my previous windows
> activation/registration? Can I still re-intall my software
> (XP-Home)
> on the same PC? Will it affect my registration? Please advise..
> thanks

Of course you can still use your copy of Windows XP. You can
reformat and reinstall Windows as many times as you want to.
After each time, you'll need to reactivate, but that's not a
problem.

Registration is not at issue at all. It was optional in the first
place, and if you did it, you don't ever have to do it again.

Please reply to the newsgroup

throw it out of the windows!

"boggs" <boggs.1qerpn@pcbanter.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> i installed a XP-Home on my PC, after several days i format my hardisk.
> What will happen to my previous windows activation/registration? Can I
> still re-intall my software (XP-Home) on the same PC? Will it affect my
> registration? Please advise.. thanks
>

> --
> boggs

kallu

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004

I think the question of "Ken" is of re-activation. Me also had a great deal
of problem with that ,since 'am on dial up. But most should know to backup
"wpa" file on system32; of course without major changes in your hardware and
to copy it back. I don't know how it'll work for others but it works for me.

Thanks

> When you reformat your drive and reinstall Windows XP,
> you'll need to activate once again. If activating via the internet
> is not successful, then select the option to "activate by phone"
> to obtain a new, and free, activation code.

Carey does it make any difference to 'reactivation' following a new install
if
(a) I don't know the original activation code because the manufacturer of my
computer activated WinXP, not me

and
(b) I have installed additional hardware since the original activation?

John