Solution
If you have a technical subscription directly with Microsoft - such as Technet or MSDN, then you got access to the real bits in August. These subscribers also had access to the Beta and Release Candidate versions, as well.
If you have a technical subscription directly with Microsoft - such as Technet or MSDN, then you got access to the real bits in August. These subscribers also had access to the Beta and Release Candidate versions, as well.

Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

I have been running the Win 7 Ultimate 64bit RC ( Release candidate) since May. It basically is the final beta version. Betas are usually released a year or more before a product goes to retail so that it can be throughly tested. Its much easier to spot problems and any small nit picky issues with thousands of tech savvy people around the world all with different computer configurations testing it. Many people ran true beta versions for much longer than me....I was actually late to adopt it as i waited for the RC or final beta. Beta testing is totally free but not always problem free. I have to say I am impressed with Windows 7 and have been since I first installed it....no problems at all.

Feelex

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009