Sign in with
Your question

Hackintosh for amd

Last response: in Mac Os X
October 5, 2011 4:49:22 PM

running win 7 64bit on my hp pavillion dv2000

upgrade ram to 4gb & hdd to wed 500gb all great

now i want to upgrade to max osx .... can i

am new to hackintosh build need help....

thanks in advance

More about : hackintosh amd

October 5, 2011 5:05:44 PM

No, unfortunately you need an Intel based computer in order to make a hackintosh.
m
l
October 11, 2011 4:27:19 AM

no you don't download nawcom boot cd and buy a snow leopard dvd
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 11, 2011 6:31:38 AM

buntyalways said:
running win 7 64bit on my hp pavillion dv2000

upgrade ram to 4gb & hdd to wed 500gb all great

now i want to upgrade to max osx .... can i

am new to hackintosh build need help....

thanks in advance

You can but it may be way to much of a pain to dual boot. I recommend running the OSX in a virtual machine.

I'm running OS 10.6.7 on Vmware Player.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installatio...
is the site I went to to get information on how to do it.

I got a pre-made virtual machine with the image from bit torrent and purchased the OSX copy from Frys.

I just had to much trouble with device support using a dual boot system. It runs fast enough to use xcode and do development through the virtual machine.

m
l
October 12, 2011 8:17:06 AM

hi joe,

thanks a ton for ur support & help, am going through the links & will keep u posted on the same

also impt. wanna mention that i might have put it wrong but i dont wanna dual boot my laptop system i just wanna install only Mac OSX on the same

pl. if u have tried it earlier or any links regarding the same pl mail me the stuff,

thanks a ton again for ur help...

rgds

buntyalways

joe_newbuilder said:
You can but it may be way to much of a pain to dual boot. I recommend running the OSX in a virtual machine.

I'm running OS 10.6.7 on Vmware Player.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installatio...
is the site I went to to get information on how to do it.

I got a pre-made virtual machine with the image from bit torrent and purchased the OSX copy from Frys.

I just had to much trouble with device support using a dual boot system. It runs fast enough to use xcode and do development through the virtual machine.

m
l
October 12, 2011 7:24:43 PM

Hey no worries.

I went through many of the links and eventually just went to the pirate bay and downloaded a pre-configured virtual machine for the vmware player. They have quite a few images that will work.

I still needed to go through the tutorials to know what was going on. The VM's still need an osx kernel patch for the amd processor, even though most of the other hard ware is emulated.
m
l
December 16, 2011 5:25:55 AM

Hi guys,
I have fresh pc bulit on THIS spec:

1.AMD FX-8120
2. MOTHERBOARD-gIGABYTE MB-A-990FXA.

Any one have idea to boot from thumbdrive. I hope i can use leopard. Im tired on trying. I have change the bios setting by change ide to ahsci. Nothing appear...

The msg i get was your thumbd drive not os please remove

Help me
m
l
December 16, 2011 2:06:30 PM

yeah that is partly why I'd recommend apple hardware or a virtual machine. I'm not sure that the hacker community has written support for the fx processors yet.

Still You may have better luck burning the osx image with the boot support to a DVD. Though it sounds like the thumbdrive is recognized, it's just some files are missing on it.
What image are you using on your thumbdrive?

-Joe
P.S.

Basically apple worote osx only to work on their hardware. It's up to volunteer hackers make the pieces that would make OSX work with each different hardware part. so each different chip on a mtherboard needs someone to write a small bit of a program for it to work.

The Intel motherboards have the most in-common with the apple machines and work best since osx runs native on intel hardware. The next easiest would be a VM, since the vm can be made to look like any hardware the creator wants they can choose hardware similar to what has already been written for support. Actual hardware support for amd is the most difficult. It shares the least in common with Apple hardware and needs the most hacker support.

Your best bet to make your new system work is to have a dual boot, this will let you do SOMETHING with the system as you are working to make it a hackintosh. This is a project that will take some real effort on your part to make happen. I just wasn't willing to personally put the time ine once I saw there was no easy way to make this happen ( I sent around 10-20 hours) trying to make an install work on my am3+ system.

Still good luck and tell me how it goes for you.
m
l
!