error code 4

June 10, 2005 4:06:55 PM

well the error code 4 that im getting is on my 2nd pc it had windows xp on it
b4 but now it will not let me load the os at all it always gets stuck at the
kerrnll debugg and i get error.(file setupdd.sys could not be loaded the
error code is 4 , setup can not continue. press any key to exit).now i tried
3 differant hard drives,reset the pc all kinds of stuff. can any 1 help plz!!!

More about : error code

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 7:36:13 PM

Please see this page http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm and then post back
with the information we might use to assist you.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

wgolfguy wrote:
> well the error code 4 that im getting is on my 2nd pc it had windows xp
> on it b4 but now it will not let me load the os at all it always gets
> stuck at the kerrnll debugg and i get error.(file setupdd.sys could not
> be loaded the error code is 4 , setup can not continue. press any key to
> exit).now i tried 3 differant hard drives,reset the pc all kinds of
> stuff. can any 1 help plz!!!
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 5:29:36 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330181
Windows XP Problems with Damaged or Incompatible Hardware
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
System32\DRIVERS\pci.sys

Setupdd.sys could not be loaded. Error code 4.

-or-

Setupdd.sys could not be loaded. Error code 7.

!