IST svc and W32 worm problems

Tags:
  • Windows XP
June 10, 2005 5:29:17 PM

:confused:
I'm running WIN XP and have McAfee Firewall & Antivirus, Spybot,
AdAware and Trojan Guardian installed and running and using DSL for
connectivity.

Due to a sluggish hard drive and weird things happening (duplicating
windows across monitor and green boxes appearing across the toolbar), I
bought several products and downloaded freeware. (See above). I have
spent literally! hours/days running these programs to clean up the hard
drive and when I reboot, I get a prompt from McAfee that it's cleaned a
file named "winlite" and the virus was w32/sdbot.worm.gen which was
found in windows/system32. So I ran all the programs again and get a
prompt stating that all files were cleaned except for 3-4 that were in
use or running off a program. I do not know how to get around this
problem.

I get another msg. from McAfee stating;
C:/Programfiles/IST svc/istsvc.exe was found and it's a potentially
unwanted program, PUP name: Adware-ISTbar.b
Then it says it was cleaned.

Please help... I'm readly to unplug from the DSL and go back to dial up
- or just use my Apple laptop. :)

--
tmcook

More about : ist svc w32 worm problems