Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Resident evil 5

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 23, 2009 6:00:55 PM

resident evil 5 does not run after installing, the pc says that it cant find xlive.dll
need help asap
got a core 2 quad processor 8 gb ram 512 graphic card plus etc
directx10 already installed , so please any1 help

More about : resident evil

September 23, 2009 6:21:31 PM

Kasimj said:
resident evil 5 does not run after installing, the pc says that it cant find xlive.dll
need help asap
got a core 2 quad processor 8 gb ram 512 graphic card plus etc
directx10 already installed , so please any1 help


do not worry...this aint major issue....actually this error is due to missing dll file(xlive)...

SOLUTION:go to dll.com and download a xlive.dll zip or just google(if in case u want it frm another site :??:  )

is this thing solves ur problem? :( 
Score
0
September 23, 2009 6:38:24 PM

ubergamer said:
do not worry...this aint major issue....actually this error is due to missing dll file(xlive)...

SOLUTION:go to dll.com and download a xlive.dll zip or just google(if in case u want it frm another site :??:  )

is this thing solves ur problem? :( 


thanx man but it aint resloved yet, i downloaded the file but where should i store it? and what else do i have to do ? maybe the file that i downloaded isnt correct either ..??? do u have any link??? thank u so much
Score
0
Related resources
September 24, 2009 7:45:23 AM

If your copy is a legal one, then surely contacting Capcom should be your first course of action as discussing how to make a illegal copy work could result in a short sharp visit from the ban fairy, on this or any other forum. [:mousemonkey]
Score
0
September 24, 2009 12:24:09 PM

I used to get the odd missing DLL file - Norton used to occassionally remove the odd one on a clean up.

When windows tells you it cant find the file it should tell you which programme or routine is looking for it - search for the folder and replace it :) 
Score
0

Best solution

September 24, 2009 7:37:38 PM

Kasimj said:
thanx man but it aint resloved yet, i downloaded the file but where should i store it? and what else do i have to do ? maybe the file that i downloaded isnt correct either ..??? do u have any link??? thank u so much

DUDE,this file is located in system32 of either game directory and mostly in windows system32 folder(find dll for your particular OS)
well firstly temme whether your copy is an original 1?....if yes then you should contact CAPCOM and if not jes try to patch the xlive.dll(find and search through all folders first, whether old xlive.dll is there?...)..1....but first tell me is your game genuine one..?...if nothing solves your issue then reinstall the game and patch as i said above) "also you can add the xlive.dll to system32 in windows main folder"(this mite solve the issue).xlive.dll is mainly a windows vista 32/64 error which can be solved by updating your drivers...or just google your problem.SEARCH FOR XLIVE.DLL FOR VISTA32/64 BIT

AS FOR LINKS:
1.dll.com
2.alldll.net
3http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?xlive

IF AT ALL IT DSNT SOLVE,DOWNLOAD "GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE" from "www.freewarefiles.com"
Share
September 27, 2009 3:18:04 PM

yes,downloading "GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE" will surely solve the issue....nw dont put ur brains here nd there,jes dwnload it kasimj
Score
0
September 28, 2009 9:08:42 PM

I would recommend Googling "Games for Windows Live" and making sure that is installed and fully updated. Failing that, reinstall it and see if that randomly fixes it, but yeah, make sure your Games for Windows Live is fully up to date.
Score
0
October 20, 2009 5:35:46 PM

:o  GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE, Im also have the same problems, When i download xlive.dll from dll.com, it'said that's not the orginal dll. .. Im copied that RE5 from Cyber Cafe using pendrive, and Pasted into my computer.
Score
0
November 2, 2009 8:44:59 AM

reiyuez said:
:o  GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE, Im also have the same problems, When i download xlive.dll from dll.com, it'said that's not the orginal dll. .. Im copied that RE5 from Cyber Cafe using pendrive, and Pasted into my computer.



reiyuez...did u got ur problem solved?.....plz download the GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE.exe from a good site....try googling ok....
Score
0
May 10, 2010 6:12:16 PM

i'm a gal dying to play RE5! i installed it in my pc though the required OS is Windows XP/VISTA... But my computer is Windows 7? and the game is not working.. whenever i try to launch it, it always says: "ERRO6: Unsupported Pixel shader version detected. 2.0"--is there anything i can do to fix this? or it's all because my OS is Win7?
Score
0
Anonymous
June 21, 2010 10:23:14 AM

It's down to the Hardware you are using ie. the graphics card.
You will most likley need to update the card, ie. buy a new one that supports the shaders that the game uses which is probablly shader 3.0.

try running the game in directX 9 instead. Might make a difference.
Score
0
June 25, 2010 2:48:39 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!