files and settings transfer wizard

June 11, 2005 1:08:01 AM

I just got a new pc with XP on it. I want to use the transfer wizard but
don't have an XP disc to plug into my old computer ( running 98). How do I do
it?
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 10:46:20 AM

Hi,

Create a wizard disk:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306187

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jazper76" <jazper76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just got a new pc with XP on it. I want to use the transfer wizard but
> don't have an XP disc to plug into my old computer ( running 98). How do I
> do
> it?
June 11, 2005 3:05:54 PM

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Hi,
>
> Create a wizard disk:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306187
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "jazper76" <jazper76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just got a new pc with XP on it. I want to use the transfer wizard but
> > don't have an XP disc to plug into my old computer ( running 98). How do
> > do
> > it?

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 12:04:41 AM

Thanks for responding. I don't have any removable storage on the new
computer. Just a null modem serial cable hooked between both sytems. Is there
a way to download the wizard onto the old?

!