  • Windows XP
  • HP Printers
a b α HP
June 11, 2005 3:09:02 AM

I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they told
me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can not
install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a novice
and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am online
student. No time for this. HELP.
--
OneEye

More about : net compatible printer

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 11, 2005 10:39:17 AM

Hi,

Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they told
> me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can not
> install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a
> novice
> and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am online
> student. No time for this. HELP.
> --
> OneEye
June 11, 2005 3:06:00 PM

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Hi,
>
> Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
> http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they
told
> > me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can
not
> > install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a
> > novice
> > and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am
online
> > student. No time for this. HELP.
> > --
> > OneEye

a b α HP
June 11, 2005 3:06:01 PM

?

--

> --
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>> Hi,
>>
>> Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
>> http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they
> told
>> > me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can
> not
>> > install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a
>> > novice
>> > and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am
> online
>> > student. No time for this. HELP.
>> > --
>> > OneEye

June 11, 2005 3:06:02 PM

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

> ?

It isn't me, Rick. Someone is spoofing my name all over this group. Here
are the headers:

From:"Malke" <invalid@not-real.com>
Newsgroups:microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers
Subject:Re: .net not compatible with hp printer?
Lines:43
X-Priority:3
Date:Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:06:00 GMT
NNTP-Posting-Host:82.20.13.231
X-Complaints-To:abuse@virgin.net
X-Trace:newsfe5-win.ntli.net 1118487960 82.20.13.231 (Sat, 11 Jun 2005
12:06:00 BST)
NNTP-Posting-Date:Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:06:00 BST
Organization:Virgin Net Usenet Service
Path:TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!newsfeed01.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news-in.ntli.net!newsrout1-win.ntli.net!ntli.net!newspeer1-win.ntli.net!newsfe5-win.ntli.net.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail
Xref:TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers:148272

As you know, I don't use OE, Virgin Net, or live in the UK. I just found
the spoof this morning. I need to report this to John Eddy, unless you
have a better idea.

Malke (the real one, as you can tell from my headers)
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
June 11, 2005 4:22:46 PM

Malke
--
news:o H%235VxnbFHA.3204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> ?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Malke" <invalid@not-real.com> wrote in message
> >

> > --
> >
> > Malke
> > --
> > Elephant Boy Computers
> > www.elephantboycomputers.com
> > "Don't Panic!"
> > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
> >> http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >>
> >> "OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > told
> > not
> > online

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 11, 2005 4:27:39 PM

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

"OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they
told
> me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can not
> install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a
novice
> and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am online
> student. No time for this. HELP.
> --
> OneEye
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 12, 2005 6:31:14 PM

Is this person retarded?
They are trying to spoof themselves as the real Malke and post using OE from
their own home.
They are so ignorant they don't realise they are telling us all who they
are.

Do you think just putting a false email address hides you?
I wonder what the weather is like in Birmingham UK?
I expect your account will be terminated, what a shame.

--evidence--
From: "Malke" <invalid@not-real.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:22:46 GMT

No Regards
Mark Dormer

> --
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>> Hi,
>>
>> Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
>> http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they
> told
>> > me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can
> not
>> > install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a
>> > novice
>> > and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am
> online
>> > student. No time for this. HELP.
>> > --
>> > OneEye

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 12, 2005 7:21:01 PM

Excuse me? I hope you are not talking about me!
Thanks for the advise RICK. I will give it a try. I tried downloading (last
night) from the hp web site, additional software updates. No luck. I am
taking it back for a Canon.
--
OneEye

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 12, 2005 7:21:02 PM

Thanks!
--
OneEye

"d.libera@gmx.de" wrote:

> BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
>

> "OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they
> told
> > me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can not
> > install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a
> novice
> > and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am online
> > student. No time for this. HELP.
> > --
> > OneEye

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 13, 2005 12:26:37 AM

Hi,

Actually, Mark was talking about the person trying to impersonate Malke,
they were doing a fairly poor job of it.

--

!