.net not compatible with hp printer?

I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they told
me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can not
install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a novice
and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am online
student. No time for this. HELP.
--
OneEye
10 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they told
    > me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can not
    > install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a
    > novice
    > and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am online
    > student. No time for this. HELP.
    > --
    > OneEye

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    ?

    --

    Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

    > ?

    It isn't me, Rick. Someone is spoofing my name all over this group. Here
    are the headers:

    From:"Malke" <invalid@not-real.com>
    Newsgroups:microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers
    Subject:Re: .net not compatible with hp printer?
    Lines:43
    X-Priority:3
    Date:Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:06:00 GMT
    NNTP-Posting-Host:82.20.13.231
    X-Complaints-To:abuse@virgin.net
    X-Trace:newsfe5-win.ntli.net 1118487960 82.20.13.231 (Sat, 11 Jun 2005
    12:06:00 BST)
    NNTP-Posting-Date:Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:06:00 BST
    Organization:Virgin Net Usenet Service
    Path:TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!newsfeed01.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news-in.ntli.net!newsrout1-win.ntli.net!ntli.net!newspeer1-win.ntli.net!newsfe5-win.ntli.net.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail
    Xref:TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers:148272

    As you know, I don't use OE, Virgin Net, or live in the UK. I just found
    the spoof this morning. I need to report this to John Eddy, unless you
    have a better idea.

    Malke (the real one, as you can tell from my headers)
    --

    > ?
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Malke" <invalid@not-real.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > --
    > >
    > > Malke
    > > --
    > > Elephant Boy Computers
    > > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > > "Don't Panic!"
    > > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    > > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
    > >> http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Best of Luck,

    > >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    > >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > >>
    > >> "OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > told
    > > not
    > > online

    BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

    "OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they
    told
    > me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can not
    > install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a
    novice
    > and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am online
    > student. No time for this. HELP.
    > --
    > OneEye

    Is this person retarded?
    They are trying to spoof themselves as the real Malke and post using OE from
    their own home.
    They are so ignorant they don't realise they are telling us all who they
    are.

    Do you think just putting a false email address hides you?
    I wonder what the weather is like in Birmingham UK?
    I expect your account will be terminated, what a shame.

    --evidence--
    From: "Malke" <invalid@not-real.com>
    Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:22:46 GMT

    No Regards
    Mark Dormer

    > --
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
    >> http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they
    > told
    >> > me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can
    > not
    >> > install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a
    >> > novice
    >> > and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am
    > online
    >> > student. No time for this. HELP.
    >> > --
    >> > OneEye

    Excuse me? I hope you are not talking about me!
    Thanks for the advise RICK. I will give it a try. I tried downloading (last
    night) from the hp web site, additional software updates. No luck. I am
    taking it back for a Canon.
    --
    OneEye

    Thanks!
    --
    OneEye

    "d.libera@gmx.de" wrote:

    > BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    >

    > "OneEyeLyd" <OneEyeLyd@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > I can not install new hp 4215 all-in-one printer. Chatted with hp they
    > told
    > > me .net was not correct version. Gave me link to correct version. Can not
    > > install, and get error 2908 internal error message. I am obviously a
    > novice
    > > and need to get this resolved. It is final's week at DeVry and I am online
    > > student. No time for this. HELP.
    > > --
    > > OneEye

    Hi,

    Actually, Mark was talking about the person trying to impersonate Malke,
    they were doing a fairly poor job of it.

    --

    > Excuse me? I hope you are not talking about me!
    > Thanks for the advise RICK. I will give it a try. I tried downloading
    > (last
    > night) from the hp web site, additional software updates. No luck. I am
    > taking it back for a Canon.
    > --
    > OneEye
    >

    > "Mark Dormer" wrote:
    >
    >> Is this person retarded?
    >> They are trying to spoof themselves as the real Malke and post using OE
    >> from
    >> their own home.
    >> They are so ignorant they don't realise they are telling us all who they
    >> are.
    >>
    >> Do you think just putting a false email address hides you?
    >> I wonder what the weather is like in Birmingham UK?
    >> I expect your account will be terminated, what a shame.
    >>
    >> --evidence--
    >> From: "Malke" <invalid@not-real.com>
    >> Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:22:46 GMT
    >>
    >> No Regards
    >> Mark Dormer

    >> "Malke" <invalid@not-real.com> wrote in message
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> >
    >> > Malke
    >> > --
    >> > Elephant Boy Computers
    >> > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    >> > "Don't Panic!"
    >> > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    >> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message

    >> > told
    >> > not
    >> > online

Hewlett Packard Compatibility Windows XP HP Printers