PS3 with SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor problem

nevaraven

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Hey guys,
Last week i bought the PS3 80Gb console.
Since i don`t have a HDTV i went yesterday and bought a HDMI to DVI cable so i could connect my PS3 with my LCD monitor which is Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch. This model has HDTC.
The first time I connected it everything was fine and smooth (if you don`t count that my monitor displayed a message, something like `this resolution is not the optimal one try a bigger one, 1860x...` etc etc. I never changed that one.

Now... The second time I tried to connect the PS3 to my LCD, when the first screen of the menu of PS3 came up everything blurred on my display and froze.

From then on I have done many times the sequence, unplug everything and the plug everything back in, power on PS3 hold down the switch until it makes a full circle On-Off-On so it resets the audio-video outputs, but the blurring-freezing thing always happening....
My monitor doesn`t even comes back on right away, it stays in standby mode like it doesn`t recognizes the signal from the source... I have to leave everything unplugged for a long time before I can see anything from my PS3 again...

I really can`t think of anything that could happen to result this...
Has anything to do with PS3 firmware?
Could anyone help me?

Thank you so much in advance..

ulysses35

Distinguished
PS3 outputs its video signal @ 720i/p when used with a HDMI output lead. I supsect the problem is with the monitor itself - does it have an "Auto" button ? failing that connect the monitor to a PC and change the resolution to match the PS3's 720i and then try again.

If your monitor triesd to get you to change the resolution to higher one then dont as you will be back to square one.

PS3 firmware doesnt change anything to do with the display properties

nevaraven

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Ulysses35 i thank you for your fast responce...
I thought waht you wrote and i`m almost sure that you are right...
I haven`t yet tried this one because of luck of time but i will and i will give the results...

Thank you SO much!

nevaraven

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Hi again...
The fact is that i`ve tried to connect it again (today) with a friend`s 40` LCD HDTV with HDMI... The first time i connected it i saw the first screen of PS3 the one with the menu... Then suddenly everything went blur again and frozen and from that point and on the HDMI input couldn`t recognize anything from PS3...
I tried to connect PS3 through the AV cable and the only thing i saw was blur.

When i came back i did what you have told me but nothing happened. I lowered through windows my monitor`s resolution but it went to stand-by mode exactly after i turned on the PS3...

I`m really frustrated... don`t know what to think...

The one thing that i didn`t mentioned before and i mention it now is that i`m from Greece and the PS3 console was bought in the States... Here we use Pal and at the states they use NTSC... But i have read before that there is no prob with that unless you try to watch a movie...

Thank you again...