WoW PC Upgrades

Dalessand_s

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Hey,

I hope this is the proper place to post this. I was reccently talking to a guildy and I asked him 'how come in ToC, the poison from the rogue seems to follow me where I go, I never know if im in it or out of it" He responded with, you can see it easily if your graphics are turned up, but I turned them down the other day and I know what you mean."

Being a tank that doesn't help, and I'm curious to see how many other instances like this happens to me.

I get d/c a lot in Dalaran and am thinking a graphics card upgrade can help my gameplay experience.

Here are my systems specs, I have a dell xps gen 4

Intel Pentium 4 550 (3.4GHz) Processor
1GB PC2-4300 DDR2 Memory
Two 74GB WD SerialATA Hard Drives in RAID0 Drive Array
16x DVD+/-R and 48x CD-RW Burner Optical Drives
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Audio
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Graphics Card with 256MB
Intel 1Gbps Ethernet Port
Eight USB 2.0 Ports and Three FireWire

I was wondering what graphics card is compatible with my pc, im looking to spend at max around 200 dollars.

Should I also look into upgrading my RAM

What is a cheap PC I could get for WoW?

Sorry for all the questions, if anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks a lot!

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Your best bet is a whole new PC. Even if it is practical to upgrade your GPU that still may not do it. Look into building a new PC if you can. By today's standards even a lower end gaming PC ($250-$400) will give you what you want for WoW.

Dalessand_s

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009

Thanks for the replies

I am in the US and I have no clue on what to look for, for a basic pc for wow. Would u mind helpin daship? that would be greatly appreciated!

terene

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
In all actuality an upgraded Graphics would work i ran a lower comp than that to play wow for almost 3 years till i finally wanted to buy a new pc and then a year later built a better one the proceser speed you have is fine
My sugestion if you dont have the funds to build a comp that you want then just upgrade that one till you do have the funds not everyone has the funds to up and blow that kind of money on a comp for gaming