Naming a Computer on a Network

pt

I have a small MS workgroup using WinXP Pro SP2. It was set up by someone
else - no longer here.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't locate, in the Network Connections
area of Control Panel, the spot where the computer is ginven a description
and a network name.

Please advise

--

Paul Tholfsen
Bellingham, WA

Paul@PTJT.com

In news:ODGew$ubFHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
PT <xyz@xyz.com> did some thinking and came up with these words:
> I have a small MS workgroup using WinXP Pro SP2. It was set up by
> someone else - no longer here.
>
> I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't locate, in the Network
> Connections area of Control Panel, the spot where the computer is
> ginven a description and a network name.
>
> Please advise

Control Panel - System - Computer Name

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬