Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Guildwars GOTY Edition?

Last response: in Video Games
September 24, 2009 8:20:37 PM

So, I just picked up Guildwars GOTY edition for $5 at Target. The box tells me little about what the difference is between this and the vanilla version. Amazon's description doesn't help either. What am I getting in this version of the game and is it still a solid play w/o expansions? Don't know anything about the series but the title to give you an idea of where I am coming from and how noob I am to this series.

Thanks!

More about : guildwars goty edition

Best solution

January 7, 2010 11:25:50 AM

beehew said:
So, I just picked up Guildwars GOTY edition for $5 at Target. The box tells me little about what the difference is between this and the vanilla version. Amazon's description doesn't help either. What am I getting in this version of the game and is it still a solid play w/o expansions? Don't know anything about the series but the title to give you an idea of where I am coming from and how noob I am to this series.

Thanks!

I see this is an old message, but just in case you didn't find out yet, it's just the Prophecies game (which was the original GW release). It was released about 1 year after the game's initial release. It also contains a key to unlock seven exclusive weapons and accessories, each geared towards one of the six core professions. Each weapon has maximum damage stats according to its type, and each character created can get a customized copy of the weapons. Otherwise, there's nothing special about it.

I used to play GW a lot (I have all the campaigns including Eye of the North), but after awhile, the fun kind of wears off. I'll have to get back into it. I've only beaten the first campaign and still need to beat the other two and the Eye of the North expansion pack.
January 12, 2010 2:56:56 PM

Hey, thanks a lot for the response. I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing it since I have a stack of about 5 other games to get through and only about 7 hours of playtime a week...
m
l
January 12, 2010 3:13:07 PM

beehew said:
Hey, thanks a lot for the response. I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing it since I have a stack of about 5 other games to get through and only about 7 hours of playtime a week...

One of the nice things about GW is that you can go in and play a quest, usually in about 30 minutes or less, then return back to a town and you can then quit and come back later to play. The only area that's instanced are the towns. When you go out on a quest, you either take other players along who've joined you or else, you can take NPC's with you (not as good as real players).
m
l
!