Macromedia Flash Player

why do I get a message asking me to install Macromedia Flash Player every
time i go to certain web sites ? is it save on my pc to install ? why do I
need it ?.
9 answers Last reply
More about macromedia flash player

    You need Macromedia Flash Player to be able to se images in some web
    pages.... the program is a must to see the Flash format in images and
    objects as well as interactive pages, games and other stuff. You will also
    need the Macromedia Shockwave Player, and the Java Virtual Machine for other
    images and page format and for some pages and files you will need the Adobe
    Acrobat Reader.
    For better control over the installation and to have it for later
    reinstallation if needed you should download the installer and save it to
    the Hard Drive instead of installing it directly from the Internet. as the
    download starts, select save instead of open.

    Macromedia Flash Player
    http://www.soft32.com/download_500.html

    Macromedia Shockwave Player
    http://www.download.com/Shockwave-Player/3000-2378_4-10279961.html?tag=lst-0
    -1

    Java Virtual Machine
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

    Adobe Acrobat Reader

    In news:BB2C9816-09CA-44BB-85C8-C42CDD66EB91@microsoft.com,
    Tarik <Tarik@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > why do I get a message asking me to install Macromedia Flash
    > Player
    > every time i go to certain web sites ? is it save on my pc to
    > install
    > ? why do I need it ?.

    You don't *need* it. You *may* want to have it. It's necessary if
    you want to see Flash animations used on certain web sites. Since
    many of these are ads, some people don't want to have it.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    You do not need Macromedia Flash Player for anything.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uPRfunxbFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Juan <soyquiensoy@terra.com> hunted and pecked:
    > You need Macromedia Flash Player to be able to se images in some web
    > pages.... the program is a must to see the Flash format in images and
    > objects as well as interactive pages, games and other stuff. You will
    > also need the Macromedia Shockwave Player, and the Java Virtual Machine
    > for other images and page format and for some pages and files you will
    > need the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
    > For better control over the installation and to have it for later
    > reinstallation if needed you should download the installer and save it to
    > the Hard Drive instead of installing it directly from the Internet. as the
    > download starts, select save instead of open.
    >
    > Macromedia Flash Player
    > http://www.soft32.com/download_500.html
    >
    > Macromedia Shockwave Player

    http://www.download.com/Shockwave-Player/3000-2378_4-10279961.html?tag=lst-0
    > -1
    >
    > Java Virtual Machine
    > http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
    >
    > Adobe Acrobat Reader
    > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

    > "Tarik" <Tarik@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    >> why do I get a message asking me to install Macromedia Flash Player every
    >> time i go to certain web sites ? is it save on my pc to install ? why do
    >> I need it ?.

    You don't? how come? do you use another software or nothing at all?. or do
    you just avoid sites that need it?.
    What do you think about Irfanview?..

    -----------------------------
    "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje
    > You do not need Macromedia Flash Player for anything.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:uPRfunxbFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > Juan <soyquiensoy@terra.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > You need Macromedia Flash Player to be able to se images in some web
    > > pages.... the program is a must to see the Flash format in images and
    > > objects as well as interactive pages, games and other stuff. You will
    > > also need the Macromedia Shockwave Player, and the Java Virtual Machine
    > > for other images and page format and for some pages and files you will
    > > need the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
    > > For better control over the installation and to have it for later
    > > reinstallation if needed you should download the installer and save it
    > > the Hard Drive instead of installing it directly from the Internet. as
    the
    > > download starts, select save instead of open.
    > >
    > > Macromedia Flash Player
    > > http://www.soft32.com/download_500.html
    > >
    > > Macromedia Shockwave Player

    http://www.download.com/Shockwave-Player/3000-2378_4-10279961.html?tag=lst-0
    > > -1
    > >
    > > Java Virtual Machine
    > > http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
    > >
    > > Adobe Acrobat Reader
    > > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

    > > "Tarik" <Tarik@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > >> why do I get a message asking me to install Macromedia Flash Player
    every
    > >> time i go to certain web sites ? is it save on my pc to install ? why
    do
    > >> I need it ?.

    I have uninstalled flash and completely removed it from my machine. The
    dang thing is annoying at best.

    If I go to a site that needs it, I just get a RED X where the annoying stuff
    would be. And yes, at some sites that is all I see, the RED X.

    [[advertisers have begun to use Flash as a method for creating annoying and
    distracting content.]]

    Irfanview is a fine program.

    IrfanView - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
    [[IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for
    non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003.

    It is trying to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.]]
    http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:evNncc4bFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Juan <soyquiensoy@terra.com> hunted and pecked:
    > You don't? how come? do you use another software or nothing at all?. or
    > do you just avoid sites that need it?.
    > What do you think about Irfanview?..
    >

    > -----------------------------
    > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje
    >> You do not need Macromedia Flash Player for anything.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:uPRfunxbFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    >> Juan <soyquiensoy@terra.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> You need Macromedia Flash Player to be able to se images in some web
    >>> pages.... the program is a must to see the Flash format in images and
    >>> objects as well as interactive pages, games and other stuff. You will
    >>> also need the Macromedia Shockwave Player, and the Java Virtual Machine
    >>> for other images and page format and for some pages and files you will
    >>> need the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
    >>> For better control over the installation and to have it for later
    >>> reinstallation if needed you should download the installer and save it
    >>> to the Hard Drive instead of installing it directly from the Internet.
    >>> as the download starts, select save instead of open.
    >>>
    >>> Macromedia Flash Player
    >>> http://www.soft32.com/download_500.html
    >>>
    >>> Macromedia Shockwave Player

    http://www.download.com/Shockwave-Player/3000-2378_4-10279961.html?tag=lst-0
    >>> -1
    >>>
    >>> Java Virtual Machine
    >>> http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
    >>>
    >>> Adobe Acrobat Reader
    >>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

    >>> "Tarik" <Tarik@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje

    I had the same problem with Macromedia Flash, it apparently had uninstalled
    and all I could see was the red x (though it appeared to be installed) and a
    re-install from Macromedia.com did not work, so had to download the .exe
    file to the HD and install it from there. I did find it a bit anoying after
    a few months of it being "turned off" but I can disable it with
    SpywareBlaster when i have to. During the time i was having trouble to
    re-install it i found Irfanview but didn't get arround to install it because
    i wanted to get some comment about it..

    thanx for your response.

    > I have uninstalled flash and completely removed it from my machine. The
    > dang thing is annoying at best.
    >
    > If I go to a site that needs it, I just get a RED X where the annoying
    stuff
    > would be. And yes, at some sites that is all I see, the RED X.
    >
    > [[advertisers have begun to use Flash as a method for creating annoying
    and
    > distracting content.]]
    >
    > Irfanview is a fine program.
    >
    > IrfanView - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
    > [[IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for
    > non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003.
    >
    > It is trying to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.]]
    > http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:evNncc4bFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    > Juan <soyquiensoy@terra.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > You don't? how come? do you use another software or nothing at all?.
    or
    > > do you just avoid sites that need it?.
    > > What do you think about Irfanview?..
    > >

    > > -----------------------------
    > > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje
    > >> You do not need Macromedia Flash Player for anything.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >>
    > >> Wes
    > >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >>
    > >> In news:uPRfunxbFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > >> Juan <soyquiensoy@terra.com> hunted and pecked:
    Machine

    http://www.download.com/Shockwave-Player/3000-2378_4-10279961.html?tag=lst-0

    Flash player comes with Windows XP, except its a old version that some
    sites may not work properly.

    Flash player 7.0 is the latest, eventhough Macromedia are about to
    release Flash v8.0

    --
    syrus
    syrus's Profile: http://www.digitalport.co.uk/forums/member.php?userid=1

    The problem I have is I can't get the thing to download at all. I go to the
    download page and click the install/download button...and nothing. I get the
    red "x" and a note that a gold bar may be at the top of my screen saying I
    need an ActiveX program, but that is not there. Some of my favorite websites
    unfortunately require Flash. Ever since I upgraded to XP, I can't view them.

    Help?

    Mark

    Tarik" wrote:

    > why do I get a message asking me to install Macromedia Flash Player every
    > time i go to certain web sites ? is it save on my pc to install ? why do I
    > need it ?.

    Mark; I had the same problem once, the solution was to download the .exe
    file from an alternate download site to my C drive and installed it like any
    other program. http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html after
    downloading and installing the program, save the .exe file for future
    instalations, the cause is that this program seems to uninstall at times.

    hope it helps.

    "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje

    > The problem I have is I can't get the thing to download at all. I go to
    the
    > download page and click the install/download button...and nothing. I get
    the
    > red "x" and a note that a gold bar may be at the top of my screen saying I
    > need an ActiveX program, but that is not there. Some of my favorite
    websites
    > unfortunately require Flash. Ever since I upgraded to XP, I can't view
    them.

    > Help?
    >

    > Mark
    >
    > Tarik" wrote:
    >
    > > why do I get a message asking me to install Macromedia Flash Player
    every
    > > time i go to certain web sites ? is it save on my pc to install ? why do
    > > need it ?.

Flash Player Macromedia Microsoft Windows XP