Sweet armor

For making merc armor at least.

Okay, a little bit of checking up shows it could be a bit tricky
getting the strength up to use it, but it would be possible.

Anyway, the armor in question is some ethereal Sacred Armor. And a
perfect example at that. 900 defense. Soon as I get a pul I'll make
the Stone Runeword in it and then see if I don't have a defiance merc
to put it on. Current guess is to use my eth Strength Cryptic axe for
+20 to strength and Guillaume's Face for another +15. Needing 222
str, that means the merc would require a base of 188. 178 if you
socket the Guillaumes with a PAmethyst. So that would require a merc
of level 79 give or take some mathematical error on my part. Though
as Stone gives 16 strength itself, I guess it might be possible to get
the armor on them as early as say 69. That's if it lets you equip a
weapon and hat with uber + strength to get the armor on, then swap
them out for the suggested items above.

But if it could work, you'd have a merc with 3150 to 3510 def armor
on, and if it's a defiance merc, that should make for a pretty high
defense rating. Definately something I'm going to have to try out.
; )

Pity Stone armor doesn't get the indestructible mod. It'd make for
interesting paladin armor otherwise. Max holy shield and defiance,
the defense rating would go through the roof!

Oh yeah, can you get ethereal and superior at once on an item? I
think I've seen it before, but could easily be mistaken. If not, that
would have to be the highest possible defense possible on a "basic"
armor. A perfect stone would probably have the highest defense
possible on any armor in the game. I wonder how much it'd fetch on
E-Bay?? ; )

And to think, I don't have time tonight to go find a pul. And I'm not
going to have time tomorrow night either. Well, it'll give me
something to look forward to. : )

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

"Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> For making merc armor at least.
>
> Okay, a little bit of checking up shows it could be a bit tricky
> getting the strength up to use it, but it would be possible.
>
> Anyway, the armor in question is some ethereal Sacred Armor. And a
> perfect example at that. 900 defense. Soon as I get a pul I'll make
> the Stone Runeword in it and then see if I don't have a defiance merc
> to put it on. Current guess is to use my eth Strength Cryptic axe for
> +20 to strength and Guillaume's Face for another +15. Needing 222
> str, that means the merc would require a base of 188. 178 if you
> socket the Guillaumes with a PAmethyst. So that would require a merc
> of level 79 give or take some mathematical error on my part. Though
> as Stone gives 16 strength itself, I guess it might be possible to get
> the armor on them as early as say 69. That's if it lets you equip a
> weapon and hat with uber + strength to get the armor on, then swap
> them out for the suggested items above.

Andariel's VIsage gives 25-30 STR.

> But if it could work, you'd have a merc with 3150 to 3510 def armor
> on, and if it's a defiance merc, that should make for a pretty high
> defense rating. Definately something I'm going to have to try out.
> ; )
>
> Pity Stone armor doesn't get the indestructible mod. It'd make for
> interesting paladin armor otherwise. Max holy shield and defiance,
> the defense rating would go through the roof!
>
> Oh yeah, can you get ethereal and superior at once on an item? I
> think I've seen it before, but could easily be mistaken. If not, that
> would have to be the highest possible defense possible on a "basic"
> armor. A perfect stone would probably have the highest defense
> possible on any armor in the game. I wonder how much it'd fetch on
> E-Bay?? ; )
>
> And to think, I don't have time tonight to go find a pul. And I'm not
> going to have time tomorrow night either. Well, it'll give me
> something to look forward to. : )

I had one made in an ethereal sacred armor that was 888 DEF. I had less
trouble with outfitting the merc as I put it on a barb :)

Mickey

"Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> For making merc armor at least.
>
> Okay, a little bit of checking up shows it could be a bit tricky
> getting the strength up to use it, but it would be possible.
>
> Anyway, the armor in question is some ethereal Sacred Armor. And a
> perfect example at that. 900 defense. Soon as I get a pul I'll make
> the Stone Runeword in it and then see if I don't have a defiance merc
> to put it on. Current guess is to use my eth Strength Cryptic axe for
> +20 to strength and Guillaume's Face for another +15. Needing 222
> str, that means the merc would require a base of 188. 178 if you
> socket the Guillaumes with a PAmethyst. So that would require a merc
> of level 79 give or take some mathematical error on my part. Though
> as Stone gives 16 strength itself, I guess it might be possible to get
> the armor on them as early as say 69. That's if it lets you equip a
> weapon and hat with uber + strength to get the armor on, then swap
> them out for the suggested items above.
>
> But if it could work, you'd have a merc with 3150 to 3510 def armor
> on, and if it's a defiance merc, that should make for a pretty high
> defense rating. Definately something I'm going to have to try out.
> ; )
>
> Pity Stone armor doesn't get the indestructible mod. It'd make for
> interesting paladin armor otherwise. Max holy shield and defiance,
> the defense rating would go through the roof!
>
> Oh yeah, can you get ethereal and superior at once on an item? I
> think I've seen it before, but could easily be mistaken. If not, that
> would have to be the highest possible defense possible on a "basic"
> armor. A perfect stone would probably have the highest defense
> possible on any armor in the game. I wonder how much it'd fetch on
> E-Bay?? ; )
>
> And to think, I don't have time tonight to go find a pul. And I'm not
> going to have time tomorrow night either. Well, it'll give me
> something to look forward to. : )

That would be pretty cool armor for a Concentrate/Shout barb too.

short

Hi,

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in

> "Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> And to think, I don't have time tonight to go find a pul. And I'm
>> not going to have time tomorrow night either. Well, it'll give me
>> something to look forward to. : )
>
> That would be pretty cool armor for a Concentrate/Shout barb too.

I just made STONE in a superior Great Hauberk the other day. Defense is
somewhat like 1917. After level 35 Shout/BO, he has 17377 defense..

My best armour is an ethereal Duress with 2028 defense..

Regards,

Oliver

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
Shugar), supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

[900 defense armour]

Sweet! I'm ever hopeful that the 51x archon plate I have on a mule gets a
decent number of sockets in it, after while I might have to put something
together for the planned orb enchantress.

>Oh yeah, can you get ethereal and superior at once on an item? I
>think I've seen it before, but could easily be mistaken. If not, that
>would have to be the highest possible defense possible on a "basic"
>armor. A perfect stone would probably have the highest defense
>possible on any armor in the game. I wonder how much it'd fetch on
>E-Bay?? ; )

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

>And to think, I don't have time tonight to go find a pul. And I'm not
>going to have time tomorrow night either. Well, it'll give me
>something to look forward to. : )

That's the spirit!

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"