headset for VX 4400

Glenn

I was looking at the Plantronics M175 on ebay and there seem to be a
lot of different models of the M175. How do I know which is the right
one? Do you have any other recommendations for use in the car? Thx.

I just bought a Jabra for my vx4400, I like the mini gel ear piece, its more
comfortable.
http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/accessorydetail.asp?id=19464&phoneid=240

I wanted one of these but its too much money
http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/accessorydetail.asp?id=13782&phoneid=240

--
peter_may_day

To email me, remove underwear, and insert, my name
my_name@yahoounderwear.com

Directory of unlisted phone numbers

--

peter_may_day wrote:
> I like the mini gel ear piece, its more comfortable.

Be aware that the Jabra gel ear pieces don't fit everyone, me
for example :)

Roger

"Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
> peter_may_day wrote:
> > I like the mini gel ear piece, its more comfortable.
>
> Be aware that the Jabra gel ear pieces don't fit everyone, me
> for example :)
>
> Roger

Even the small ones bother me after a while. I am looking at the large ear
piece, and thinking, who are these people with big holes in there head.

--

peter_may_day wrote:
> Even the small ones bother me after a while. I am looking at the large ear
> piece, and thinking, who are these people with big holes in there head.

Me :) I'm 6'4" and built like a rugby player. My problem is that
the ridges and lines of my ear are different than whatever
Jabra considers standard.

Roger

"peter_may_day" <my_name@yahoounderwear.com> wrote in message
> I just bought a Jabra for my vx4400, I like the mini gel ear piece,
its more
> comfortable.

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/accessorydetail.asp?id=19464&phoneid=240

> I wanted one of these but its too much money

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/accessorydetail.asp?id=13782&phoneid=240

> --
> peter_may_day
>
> To email me, remove underwear, and insert, my name
> my_name@yahoounderwear.com

So you took my advice huh? :)
I bought the more expensive one and it costs me a hell of a lot more
than $109 when I did purchase it. Also with the Bluetooth cordless
version you must recharge it every three days. etc. A small annoyance
but a wonder product.

Elector

> peter_may_day wrote:
> > Even the small ones bother me after a while. I am looking at the
large ear
> > piece, and thinking, who are these people with big holes in there
head.

> Me :) I'm 6'4" and built like a rugby player. My problem is that
> the ridges and lines of my ear are different than whatever
> Jabra considers standard.
>
> Roger

With the cordless Jabra it came with 3 different sizes.

Elector

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've been using the M135 by Plantronics since I've had this phone. I
like it, because there is a volume and mute control. I don't like it
because the "clips" that fit over the ear to keep it in place tend to
break easily ... and they are somewhat uncomfortable after wearing them
for long periods.

Plantronics sent me the MX-100 to try (long story). The MX-100 doesn't
have the traditional ear clip ... it stays on via a newly-designed
smaller ear clip that anchors on the bottom of the ear rather than the
top. It is more comfortable (takes some getting used to), but there is
no volume control and no mute.

I'm probably going back to the M-135.

Larry E.

Elector wrote:
> "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
>
>>peter_may_day wrote:
>>
>>>Even the small ones bother me after a while. I am looking at the
>
> large ear
>
>>>piece, and thinking, who are these people with big holes in there
>
> head.
>
>>Me :) I'm 6'4" and built like a rugby player. My problem is that
>>the ridges and lines of my ear are different than whatever
>>Jabra considers standard.
>>
>>Roger
>>

> With the cordless Jabra it came with 3 different sizes.
>
> Elector

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 20:06:49 -0700, "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com>
chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
everything:

>peter_may_day wrote:
>> Even the small ones bother me after a while. I am looking at the large ear
>> piece, and thinking, who are these people with big holes in there head.
>
>Me :) I'm 6'4" and built like a rugby player. My problem is that
>the ridges and lines of my ear are different than whatever
>Jabra considers standard.

I find that the large one is best for me, but it's still uncomfortable to
use for more than a few minutes.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"Three out of every four Americans want strong clean air." - Max Baucus,
Montana state representative

Glenn

Well, thanks for the replies, but I'm still left hanging :). Jabra or
Plantronics? I don't need bluetooth or anything super fancy -- $30
would seem to suffice. I think I have a normal-size ear. I don't
suppose if I went into a store they'd let me try them on. Just tell
me what to buy! tia :)

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Reason why no one is telling you what to buy is because this is largely
a matter of personal preference ... and what is comfortable for you.

Larry E.

glenn wrote:
> Well, thanks for the replies, but I'm still left hanging :). Jabra or
> Plantronics? I don't need bluetooth or anything super fancy -- $30
> would seem to suffice. I think I have a normal-size ear. I don't
> suppose if I went into a store they'd let me try them on. Just tell
> me what to buy! tia :)

You can open and close the box the jabra earwave comes in. try it out in
the store. thats my recomendation.