Icedout

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2003
Okay just upgraded my system and having some problems

1. I reinstalled my windows xp home edition i bought year and half ago when I went to automatic update windows site has this so called new downloader that is suppose to improve downloads but when I try to download it it won't download it says Updates were unable to successfully install

Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.0 and WinHTTP 5.1 (KB842773).

hence no updates no service pack one which i need in order for my serial ata drive to be seen by xp my 98 sees it but not xp.

I will be playing games and ill get a clean boot right out of the game no message no nothing,

games ive tried so far are doom3, farcry, generals-zero hour.

I get alot of those blue error message's to protect my system also sometimes when I exit the game or try to start it up.

MY system is

asus av8 deluxe 2.0 bio is updated current
64 3500 cpu
corsair 3200 twinpack 1 gig
bfg 6800 ultra oc
wd 30 gig for win 98 and wd80 gig serial
wd raptor 36gig two of them raid 0 for xp

I just wanted to see if I could run the games max and they run smooth as hell but my clean kick outs or ticking me off.

any help would be great.

thanks in advance.

Life is like a bolt of lighting...unless you make and impact you won't be noticed. And believe me if you kick that tiger in the a.s.s you better have a plan for its teeth.

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
My first advice would be to download WinXP service pack 2 independently of Windows update - <A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en" target="_new">web link here</A>. It's a pretty big download, but hopefully you can install the service pack to fix some of your hardware compatability issues.

Report back after trying that.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>

Icedout

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2003
thanks but i get a file is corrupt and the file is designed for networks not single computers. know where a single pc version is for sp1 or 2?

Life is like a bolt of lighting...unless you make and impact you won't be noticed. And believe me if you kick that tiger in the a.s.s you better have a plan for its teeth.

Dax

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2003
That can be used for single PCs. As for the corrupt file, try using a download manager, or use Mozilla Firefox to download it.

Icedout

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2003
Okay in reinstalled xp it gave me an error told me to send report I did it came up again and so on and so on. I ignored it and tried to auto update it again got it to work no I cant say with the sp2 pack installed i get blue screen nightmare, but I am still getting clean boots right out of farcry and doom3,I realize doom3 might have issues with overclocked video cards but the bfg ultra oc is only overclocked by 25 mhz that i know of I just downloaded the new farcry patch ill run a game in a few I ran it at max settings it ran smooth as glass even under heavy fire. go to walk somewhere jeep blows up 5 seconds later clean boot to windows.