Microsoft Wolf (diagnostic)

I received an email from someone who told me they were having problems with
their network at a public school system. They eventually contacted MS and
were told to use a diagnostic software program called Wolf. I know this is
very general but it is all the information I have.

I have looked online for more information about Wolf (I had never heard of
it used this way) and I have also looked at MS web site and knowledge base.
Nothing there about Wolf as a diagnostic tool.

Can anyone shed any light on this? As far as I can see, this program/file
does not even exist!!
4 answers Last reply
More about microsoft wolf diagnostic

    Online Forensics of Win/32 System
    http://www.shebeen.com/win32-forensics/index.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Stephen Larivee" wrote:

    | I received an email from someone who told me they were having problems with
    | their network at a public school system. They eventually contacted MS and
    | were told to use a diagnostic software program called Wolf. I know this is
    | very general but it is all the information I have.
    |
    | I have looked online for more information about Wolf (I had never heard of
    | it used this way) and I have also looked at MS web site and knowledge base.
    | Nothing there about Wolf as a diagnostic tool.
    |
    | Can anyone shed any light on this? As far as I can see, this program/file
    | does not even exist!!

    I looked at the article (way over my head!!!) but I see no mention of the
    word WOLF anywhere in it????

    > Online Forensics of Win/32 System
    > http://www.shebeen.com/win32-forensics/index.html
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Stephen Larivee" wrote:
    >
    > | I received an email from someone who told me they were having problems
    > with
    > | their network at a public school system. They eventually contacted MS
    > and
    > | were told to use a diagnostic software program called Wolf. I know this
    > is
    > | very general but it is all the information I have.
    > |
    > | I have looked online for more information about Wolf (I had never heard
    > of
    > | it used this way) and I have also looked at MS web site and knowledge
    > base.
    > | Nothing there about Wolf as a diagnostic tool.
    > |
    > | Can anyone shed any light on this? As far as I can see, this
    > program/file
    > | does not even exist!!

    (W)indows (O)n(L)ine (F)orensics

    WOLF

    Get it???

    Bobby

    "Stephen Larivee" <NOlariveeslSPAM@yahoo.PLEASEcom> wrote in message
    >I looked at the article (way over my head!!!) but I see no mention of the
    >word WOLF anywhere in it????

    >> Online Forensics of Win/32 System
    >> http://www.shebeen.com/win32-forensics/index.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

    >> "Stephen Larivee" wrote:
    >>
    >> | I received an email from someone who told me they were having problems
    >> with
    >> | their network at a public school system. They eventually contacted MS
    >> and
    >> | were told to use a diagnostic software program called Wolf. I know
    >> this is
    >> | very general but it is all the information I have.
    >> |
    >> | I have looked online for more information about Wolf (I had never heard
    >> of
    >> | it used this way) and I have also looked at MS web site and knowledge
    >> base.
    >> | Nothing there about Wolf as a diagnostic tool.
    >> |
    >> | Can anyone shed any light on this? As far as I can see, this
    >> program/file
    >> | does not even exist!!

    NOW I get it!!

    Thanks to both of you.

    > (W)indows (O)n(L)ine (F)orensics
    >
    > WOLF
    >
    > Get it???
    >
    > Bobby
    >

    > "Stephen Larivee" <NOlariveeslSPAM@yahoo.PLEASEcom> wrote in message
    >>I looked at the article (way over my head!!!) but I see no mention of the
    >>word WOLF anywhere in it????
    >>

    >> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Online Forensics of Win/32 System
    >>> http://www.shebeen.com/win32-forensics/index.html
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carey Frisch
    >>> Microsoft MVP
    >>> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >>> Microsoft Newsgroups
    >>>
    >>> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

    >>> with
    >>> and
    >>> this is