XB360 warranty question

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
I'm thinking of purchasing a 360, i was wondering hows does the MS warranty work?
lets say i get one now, and in 2 years i get RROD, and send it out for repair/replacement, will the new 360 get additional 3 years of warranty? (since its a new unit), or will i only have 1 more year left under warranty on the new unit?
Thank You.

Standard procedure is even if a 360 is working, to send it in with a few weeks to go one the warentee. Really, my friends all force a RROD prior to the warentee going out just to get a new one.

I think RROD is 2 years, and if it breaks, you get a refurbashed model.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Two years with my PS3 and only a minor hiccup with firmware 3.0 (fixed through recovery console). All my friends with 360 have had problems, including non-extended-warranty issues (disc drive failure) and had to force RRoD to get their warranties when it wasn't RRoD to begin with. I considered getting a 360 at launch, but decided to wait for the PS3 before I made my decision. Very glad I am.

ulysses35

Distinguished
Ps3 does have it share of problems, but figures claim is it nowhere near as bad as Xbox360.

The problem could so eaisly be fixed / cured by installing a decent HSF instead of the two tiny fans on the side of the case.

Im sure some modders out there could find a way to stick a 120mm fan on top of the CPU heatsink

TRENDING THREADS