Has msi 875p neo DOT enabled?

balrog

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi!
I plan to buy an msi 875p neo ls,or a 865pe neo2 fis2r. I know the last one has DOT (dynamic overclocking tech) available. For the 875p, it is less clear. Does anybody has clear answer on that subject? I have heard it is not, but perhaps a future BIOS will enable it. But who is sure?! I do not want to buy the 875p if i know i never will get such BIOS. On the other hand, the 865PE neo2 has DOT, and also MAT (as the 875p officially has). The prob is that I have heard Intel has put restrictions on enabling the MAT (=PAT)on the 865P (it is moreover I think desabling it hardware on the new chips). So the prob is that if they "oblige" MSI to block it for its next BIOS, I think I would be obliged to keep the original BIOS despite perhaps new debugs or features proposed in new BIOS release. So I am a little bit lost between 875p and 865PE neo2. Has anybody an advice, comment, or info about a new BIOS coming out for 875P with DOT?
Thank you very much!

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Get Abit IC7. Problem solved. :p

If I agree with you... will you shut up?
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>

Syndil

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2003
For the time being, MSI has stated that DOT will only be available on the Neo2-FIS2R, which uses the 865PE chipet. However this <A HREF="http://www.msi.com.tw/html/e_service/techexpress/tech_column/6728/page4.htm" target="_new">FAQ</A> from MSI about DOT confirms that they are considering using it on other mobos.

Q: Is this feature going to be extended to future motherboards? (e.g. 865G, nForce2 Ultra 400etc.)
A: We have organized plan for D.O.T. (Dynamic Overclocking Technology). But, we will collect response from customer and users, before determining the range of implementation in future.
Q: Will MSI™ implement this feature in mass production products? When is that? And with what models?
A: Yes, MSI™ will implement this exciting technology with full spec version 865PE Neo2-FISR first. We will depend on response from customer and users, before determining the range of implementation in future.
Unfortunately I have no inside info on when or on what models we can expect to see DOT next.

<font color=white><b>_________________________________________________</font color=white></b>
Armadillo<font color=orange>[</font color=orange><font color=green>TcC</font color=green><font color=orange>]</font color=orange> at Lanwar and MML