Sign in with
Your question

*CHEAP* Custom Phenom x4 Gaming Desktop

Last response: in Deals
January 2, 2012 12:02:13 AM

Hi! I have for sale, (not built yet "Parts at home ready") Custom Quad Core Gaming Desktop. It can play all games on medium to high quality, "Depending on resolution." It is also a cheap computer for school work and some video editing. It can be a really nice gift for someone who watches 1080p movies and can be used as a Movie Theater Computer. The Parts are as listed. (Note: The computer will be shipped ready to use. OS will be Windows 7 Home Premium. I will load any software that you choose and have it ready for use when the computer is shipped. I want to start a business in the computer selling world)
Parts are:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Socket AM3 2.8Ghz Quad Core CPU w/ 6MB L3

Memory: G.Skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT 4GB DDR3-1333 PC3 10600 SDRAM DDR3 Memory

Video Card: Sapphire 100326DDR3L Radeon HD 6670 PCIe 2.1 x16 Video Card w/ 1GB RAM 1080p

Case: Apevia X-Trooper Jr. ATX Mid-Tower PC Case

PSU: 450w "In Case" (Can be upgraded for extra $ if you do not trust non-branded PSUs)

Motherboard: ASRock 880GM-LE Socket AM3 2xDDR3 Motherboard w/ HD 4250 Video

HDD: 1TB Seagate 7200rpm

Price: I will leave it to who ever gives me best offer. (Name Your Price)
January 2, 2012 4:05:02 AM

Are you willing to part this system out?
January 2, 2012 11:41:51 AM

Would you be willing to part with the 6770?
Related resources
January 2, 2012 4:29:12 PM

I might, although I would like to sell this system whole.
January 2, 2012 6:44:06 PM

IF your trying to start a business putting together systems and selling them for a profit -- this is probably not a good forum to list it for sale on ! Most users on this forum are fairly knowledgeable on systems and will usually want to purchase parts not entire systems and will be looking for a decent deal not new retail pricing + an assembly Fee.

A few other notes :
1.) you do not say whether the system will include such things as Mouse, Keyboard,speakers, DVD or CD drive, what version of win7 professional (OEM or Retail) which will make a difference in the price !

2.) A system with an underpowered no name 450W PSU, an outdated x4 925 CPU, and a 6670 GPU can not really be called a "Gaming Desktop"

3.) Your probably going to find that any offers you do get to purchase it are going to be under the cost you paid for the parts so not really a good way to try and make a profit !

4.) Better method would probably be to find customers that want a system and work with them on selecting parts that fit their needs\wants and then assemble the system from the parts they decide upon for a setup fee (that way you are not sitting on a bunch of inventory of unwanted parts that are losing value every day they sit and the customer gets a system designed to fit their needs.)
January 2, 2012 9:59:26 PM

^+1 to JDFan

If you want to sell that here, you will lose a solid 20% off of original purchase prices. Ebay or Craigslist typically will do better, but you'll need to sell it as a complete system like "Quad Core Gaming Rig!" then list the specs below. Although it's hardly a gaming rig...
January 21, 2012 3:19:56 AM

Whats the lowest you will go?
!