Sign in with
Your question

Remote desktop problems

Last response: in Windows 7
August 30, 2010 12:44:50 PM

Whenever both my computers are connected to the same wireless I can connect just fine. However, when I am at a friends house or even just connected to a different signal, it does not connect at all.

When it's on the same connection I just use the router given ip to connect. When I was at another house, I tried using the IP from ipchicken.com and the router password (figured maybe since both computers were in the same homegroup it MIGHT work lol)

So, any help? I am running Win7 Pro.
a b $ Windows 7
August 30, 2010 6:20:19 PM

This doesn't answer your specific question about Remote Desktop, but I use Teamviewer. It's much simpler to use and it has no problem working behind firewalls and routers.
August 30, 2010 7:13:25 PM

Bolbi said:
This doesn't answer your specific question about Remote Desktop, but I use Teamviewer. It's much simpler to use and it has no problem working behind firewalls and routers.

Not what I was looking for, but I appreciate you posting that. Teamviewer looks good. I had no idea there were any free remote desktop software. Installing this now :) 
a b $ Windows 7
August 30, 2010 8:17:46 PM

Yah, TeamViewer is great. Just remember that it's only free for nonmcommercial use. I use it to help less-than-tech-savvy friends and relatives quite frequently.
!