Old school - Homeworld 2

leftspeaker2000

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Hey guys i just installed my old homeworld 2 to on my new computer although for some reason it goes really really slow. The units seem to move fast and smooth but you can rotate nore can you seem to zoom in and out it goes that slow which is werid. The graphics seem to be set right and i have tried it on high and low settings. Any one else had this problem and know how to fix it.

Stats

Quad Core q9550
4 gig DDR2-1066
9800gtx + amp
windows xp sp3
direct x 9.0c

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Since when was Homeworld 2 “Old School”... damn you’re making me feel old. I still have a copy of the original Homeworld sitting on my gaming shelf... also got the cataclysm standalone expansion (that was a good game :) ) for it too. You know you’re getting old when the sequel to one of your favourite games is getting called old school :(

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Homeworld 2 runs very well on my AGP 6800 Ultra so there's something funny with your current hardware setup - install the latest NVIDIA drivers and dial all the settings to minimum and give it a go, then start increasing the settings until the problem comes back, if at all - at least then you'll know what the problem is and we can potentially help further.

sbdragon89

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Mmmmm HW2 was made on agpe system, but pci-e can run rings, 1st off make sure you haven't set you nvdia control system to force it to use your settings, make sure it running on the games only, secondly, if graphics working, but main play is slow to inout there thing on nvdia section called pre render frames try adjust that to lower number if its really high, its setting that helps to encode frames before they displayed before anything usually gets done and can cause slight issue, check it out, if that still giving you issue, try get the system only to run 1 or 2 cores only on it, those only results for now i can help with. had issue with game that had sorta same problem turned out to be few settings to change

leftspeaker2000

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
shah i shouldn't say its that old school because its not its still a great game though been playing it on my shitty computer on the family 46 inch lcd Tv sitting about 3 feet away. Would almost give x3 a go except it will destroy my dvd rom.