Win XP EULA install screen

Hi there,

My HDD crashed and I am trying to do a clean install onto a new HDD of Win
XP off of my OEM Win XP CD. The problem I am runnig into is that when the
installation procedure gets to the License agreement screen it ignores my
pressing F8. That is the CD halts and it does not conitnue to install the OS
even though I press F8.

I really do not understand this...is it because I am installing the OS on a
new HDD? But the previous HDD is now in the garbage can...please help...

Are you sure it's not a problem with your keyboard or at least the F8 key?
Try using another keyboard and let us know what happens.

Good Luck!

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 03:31:01 -0700, mwest wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> My HDD crashed and I am trying to do a clean install onto a new HDD of Win
> XP off of my OEM Win XP CD. The problem I am runnig into is that when the
> installation procedure gets to the License agreement screen it ignores my
> pressing F8. That is the CD halts and it does not conitnue to install the OS
> even though I press F8.
>
> I really do not understand this...is it because I am installing the OS on a
> new HDD? But the previous HDD is now in the garbage can...please help...

If your keyboard has an F-Lock key, press that and release. If the F-Lock
light stays lit, then press F8. If the F-Lock light does not stay lit, hold
the key down and press F8.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

Check Sharon F's good advice first. If that isn't the problem, this is
sometime an issue if you're using a USB keyboard and the BIOS either doesn't
support it directly or BIOS settings aren't properly configured..
--

"mwest" <mwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> My HDD crashed and I am trying to do a clean install onto a new HDD of
> Win
> XP off of my OEM Win XP CD. The problem I am runnig into is that when the
> installation procedure gets to the License agreement screen it ignores my
> pressing F8. That is the CD halts and it does not conitnue to install the
> OS
> even though I press F8.
>
> I really do not understand this...is it because I am installing the OS on
> new HDD? But the previous HDD is now in the garbage can...please help...

Thank you for your advice. I am using a USB keyboard. Will try installing
one more time.