How Do I Get The Minus Square And Red Cross Back To The Or..

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Hi Guys,

I have a slight problem, well, not so much a problem but more a niggle
really, what happened was my father visited me yesterday and used my
computer, I did not mind as he knows his way around (or so I thought),
anyway he went into: Accessories - Accessibility - Accessibility Wizard and
done something with it.

I managed to get things as near to normal, but when I open something up I
can't get the Minus - Square and the Red Cross (in the TOP Right Hand
Corner) to the original size, they are really small and the same goes for
the Blue Bar on which they sit.

I know I am being fussy, but it really is starting to frustrate me. If
anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really be grateful.

My Operating System Is Windows XP Professional.

Many thanks.

Dave.

Ron

Right click on a blank area of your desk top. This will bring up a dialogue
box from which you should choose PROPERTIES. Under PROPERTIES click on the
APPEARANCE tab and then click on the ADVANCED button. The setting that you
want to change is CAPTION BUTTONS. You can select this from the drop down
list or by clicking on one of the X's in the example window of the ADVANCED
PROPERTIES dialogue box.

Change the size to something larger like 25 and see what the effect is.
Adjust to suit.
--

Ron P

It isn't the fall that hurts:)

It's the sudden stop:(

"Dave" <dball1NO@SPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a slight problem, well, not so much a problem but more a niggle
> really, what happened was my father visited me yesterday and used my
> computer, I did not mind as he knows his way around (or so I thought),
> anyway he went into: Accessories - Accessibility - Accessibility Wizard
> and done something with it.
>
> I managed to get things as near to normal, but when I open something up I
> can't get the Minus - Square and the Red Cross (in the TOP Right Hand
> Corner) to the original size, they are really small and the same goes for
> the Blue Bar on which they sit.
>
> I know I am being fussy, but it really is starting to frustrate me. If
> anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really be grateful.
>
> My Operating System Is Windows XP Professional.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Dave.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Many thanks Ron that was spot on mate, nice 1.

Thanks Alan, I did not get a chance to try your method as Ron came through
first, but like I say many thanks.

Dave.

"Ron" <spam@kwic.com> wrote in message
Right click on a blank area of your desk top. This will bring up a dialogue
box from which you should choose PROPERTIES. Under PROPERTIES click on the
APPEARANCE tab and then click on the ADVANCED button. The setting that you
want to change is CAPTION BUTTONS. You can select this from the drop down
list or by clicking on one of the X's in the example window of the ADVANCED
PROPERTIES dialogue box.

Start-Settings-Control Panel-Display-Appearance tab.
Press "Advanced"
The item to change for the controls is "Caption Buttons"

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers, "Dave"
<dball1NO@SPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>I have a slight problem, well, not so much a problem but more a niggle
>really, what happened was my father visited me yesterday and used my
>computer, I did not mind as he knows his way around (or so I thought),
>anyway he went into: Accessories - Accessibility - Accessibility Wizard and
>done something with it.
>
>I managed to get things as near to normal, but when I open something up I
>can't get the Minus - Square and the Red Cross (in the TOP Right Hand
>Corner) to the original size, they are really small and the same goes for
>the Blue Bar on which they sit.
>
>I know I am being fussy, but it really is starting to frustrate me. If
>anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really be grateful.
>
>My Operating System Is Windows XP Professional.
>
>Many thanks.
>
>Dave.

Hi Dave,

Not a problem. My method was the same as Ron's, just worded a little
differently.

....Alan