New L4D map...what do we think then??

ac3144

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
For me, I like what they have done overall i.e polished it a bit plus the extra support for better resolutions that seems to have appeared.

IMHO the maps are a bit dull, not sure what I was expecting exactly, just feel a bit underwhelmed. Anyone else got an opinion?

AC :??:

COI: Not a Valve employee/market researcher/anything important.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
i like it IF it wasn't made by valve it feels like a third party made it not valve it... valve maps just have that feel you know?

but it was still good i think i spent like 5 hours playing on that map...

my only complaint is it doesn't really bridge the gap between no mercy and death toll...

randomizer

Champion
The finale is so easy. The tank gets totally owned unless you can pull a survivor off the raised area inside the warehouse and hit them with a boomer. Did you think it was stupid that the van only starts going down right as you kill the second tank when the generator has been going for the last 5-10 minutes?

The first level is definitely harder because you can get hit by a boomer from so many places. The thing is though, there are so many pipe bombs and molotovs around that it doesn't really matter.

My biggest gripe is that so far there's only been US servers with the new maps, so I've been playing with 300-400ms pings and constant disconnects.

ac3144

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009

I hear your pain re ping times. Like you say boomer heaven on first level + crummy ping = zombies that jump about all over the place.

I also agree that there are way too many pipes, mollies and pills lying around but I have to say the more I play it (and others play it) the harder it's becoming for survivors. Still not great map but good enough.

AC :)

randomizer

Champion
They changed something about item density in the latest patch, so perhaps they reduced the number of things you can pick up. We don't need tier 2 weapons 4-5 times throughout the level after all.

ac3144

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
yeah I played it again today and I think there are fewer items, although I quite liked picking up hundreds of auto shotties:)

AC

randomizer

Champion
Patch. Look for Crash Course in the games list. It's only 2 chapters long but they are long chapters (well the first is) and pretty tough. It's meant to allow you to finish a campaign before everyone rages.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Dude....L4D is a pretty sensitive game for the multiplayer. When a couple people drop out it just about ends the game.

I am going to get on tonight and try it out.