Administrator Account

June 15, 2005 5:33:48 PM

I have used my own name as Administrator and deleted the original
administrator account in my Xp. Now my bluetooth software refused to be
installed and kept saying I do not have administrator privilages. Is
there any way to revive the original one ?

Sam
--
Oderient dum Metuant

More about : administrator account

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 5:33:49 PM

On start up or restart,tap the F8 key,select safe mode with networking,then
enter as administrator.

"Khitanian" wrote:

> I have used my own name as Administrator and deleted the original
> administrator account in my Xp. Now my bluetooth software refused to be
> installed and kept saying I do not have administrator privilages. Is
> there any way to revive the original one ?
>

> Sam
> --
> Oderient dum Metuant

June 15, 2005 5:33:49 PM

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:33:48 +0800, Khitanian wrote:

> I have used my own name as Administrator and deleted the original
> administrator account in my Xp.

When you say "deleted", what EXACTLY did you do?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308

gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

to email me remove the obvious!
July 16, 2005 9:39:05 AM

How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!
--
eug

"Gordon" wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:33:48 +0800, Khitanian wrote:
>
> > I have used my own name as Administrator and deleted the original
> > administrator account in my Xp.
>

> When you say "deleted", what EXACTLY did you do?
>

> Now my bluetooth software refused to be
> > installed and kept saying I do not have administrator privilages. Is
> > there any way to revive the original one ?
> >

> > Sam
>
> --
> Registered Linux User no 240308

> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

> to email me remove the obvious!

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:07:53 PM

I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
"delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when I try
to create another account with the name "administrator", the system
says: "an account of the same name exists".

eug wrote:

> How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!

--
Oderient dum Metuant
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 9:01:13 PM

I can still log on to the Administrator account, though. By logging out
to the welcome screen and pressing Ctl+Alt+Del several times, then type
in the account name as Administrator. But I still cannot install new
programs.

Khitanian wrote:
> I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
> privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
> "delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when I try
> to create another account with the name "administrator", the system
> says: "an account of the same name exists".
>
> eug wrote:
>
>> How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!

--
Oderient dum Metuant
July 19, 2005 6:19:00 PM

Why didn't you set yourself up as "administrator"? Change your
status.... there can be more than one administrator per computer.
``````````````````````````````

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:01:13 +0800, Khitanian wrote:

> I can still log on to the Administrator account, though. By logging out
> to the welcome screen and pressing Ctl+Alt+Del several times, then type
> in the account name as Administrator. But I still cannot install new
> programs.
>

> Khitanian wrote:
> > I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
> > privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
> > "delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when I try
> > to create another account with the name "administrator", the system
> > says: "an account of the same name exists".
> >
> > eug wrote:
> >
> >> How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!

July 19, 2005 6:43:20 PM

I'm confused. Are you saying there is only one administrator acct on
your computer and it's hidden? Can you add yourself (use your own
name) and give yourself administrator status?
http://www.ncsu.edu/resnet/windows/passwords/xp_passwor...

```````````

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:01:13 +0800, Khitanian wrote:

> I can still log on to the Administrator account, though. By logging out
> to the welcome screen and pressing Ctl+Alt+Del several times, then type
> in the account name as Administrator. But I still cannot install new
> programs.
>

> Khitanian wrote:
> > I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
> > privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
> > "delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when I try
> > to create another account with the name "administrator", the system
> > says: "an account of the same name exists".
> >
> > eug wrote:
> >
> >> How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:23:41 PM

The account named "Administrator" is hidden. I have assigned my own
account with computor administrator status. I can manage all types of
files with my account. The only problem is: I cannot install certain
software with it. I bought a USB data cable recently because I cannot
install bluetooth software, when I tried to install it, the same thing
happened. Weird.

sf wrote:

> I'm confused. Are you saying there is only one administrator acct on
> your computer and it's hidden? Can you add yourself (use your own
> name) and give yourself administrator status?
> http://www.ncsu.edu/resnet/windows/passwords/xp_passwor...
>
> ```````````
>
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:01:13 +0800, Khitanian wrote:
>

>> I can still log on to the Administrator account, though. By logging out
>> to the welcome screen and pressing Ctl+Alt+Del several times, then type
>> in the account name as Administrator. But I still cannot install new
>> programs.
>>

>> Khitanian wrote:
>> > I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
>> > privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
>> > "delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when I try
>> > to create another account with the name "administrator", the system
>> > says: "an account of the same name exists".

--
Oderient dum Metuant
August 7, 2005 10:47:48 PM

That is what he did. He created an administrator account. then in the
user & accounts page he deleted the account that says administrator.

Question : Which version of XP???
Question : When you login as administrator does it allow you to work
with that profile properly.
Question : run SFC /SCANNOW it will check for any damaged registries
that may have gotten corrupted.
Question: do you have system restore turned on or off??

How to rename the administrator and guest account in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320053

It is similar in Windows XP.

sf <sf@gmail.com> wrote in

!