Administrator Account

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I have used my own name as Administrator and deleted the original
administrator account in my Xp. Now my bluetooth software refused to be
installed and kept saying I do not have administrator privilages. Is
there any way to revive the original one ?


Sam
--
Oderient dum Metuant
9 answers Last reply
More about administrator account
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    On start up or restart,tap the F8 key,select safe mode with networking,then
    enter as administrator.

    "Khitanian" wrote:

    > I have used my own name as Administrator and deleted the original
    > administrator account in my Xp. Now my bluetooth software refused to be
    > installed and kept saying I do not have administrator privilages. Is
    > there any way to revive the original one ?
    >
    >
    > Sam
    > --
    > Oderient dum Metuant
    >
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:33:48 +0800, Khitanian wrote:

    > I have used my own name as Administrator and deleted the original
    > administrator account in my Xp.


    When you say "deleted", what EXACTLY did you do?


    Now my bluetooth software refused to be
    > installed and kept saying I do not have administrator privilages. Is
    > there any way to revive the original one ?
    >
    >
    > Sam

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308

    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    to email me remove the obvious!
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!
    --
    eug


    "Gordon" wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:33:48 +0800, Khitanian wrote:
    >
    > > I have used my own name as Administrator and deleted the original
    > > administrator account in my Xp.
    >
    >
    > When you say "deleted", what EXACTLY did you do?
    >
    >
    > Now my bluetooth software refused to be
    > > installed and kept saying I do not have administrator privilages. Is
    > > there any way to revive the original one ?
    > >
    > >
    > > Sam
    >
    > --
    > Registered Linux User no 240308

    > gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    > to email me remove the obvious!
    >
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
    privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
    "delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when I try
    to create another account with the name "administrator", the system
    says: "an account of the same name exists".

    eug wrote:

    > How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!

    --
    Oderient dum Metuant
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    I can still log on to the Administrator account, though. By logging out
    to the welcome screen and pressing Ctl+Alt+Del several times, then type
    in the account name as Administrator. But I still cannot install new
    programs.


    Khitanian wrote:
    > I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
    > privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
    > "delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when I try
    > to create another account with the name "administrator", the system
    > says: "an account of the same name exists".
    >
    > eug wrote:
    >
    >> How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!
    >
    >

    --
    Oderient dum Metuant
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Why didn't you set yourself up as "administrator"? Change your
    status.... there can be more than one administrator per computer.
    ``````````````````````````````

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:01:13 +0800, Khitanian wrote:

    > I can still log on to the Administrator account, though. By logging out
    > to the welcome screen and pressing Ctl+Alt+Del several times, then type
    > in the account name as Administrator. But I still cannot install new
    > programs.
    >
    >
    >
    > Khitanian wrote:
    > > I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
    > > privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
    > > "delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when I try
    > > to create another account with the name "administrator", the system
    > > says: "an account of the same name exists".
    > >
    > > eug wrote:
    > >
    > >> How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!
    > >
    > >
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    I'm confused. Are you saying there is only one administrator acct on
    your computer and it's hidden? Can you add yourself (use your own
    name) and give yourself administrator status?
    http://www.ncsu.edu/resnet/windows/passwords/xp_passwords_admin.php

    ```````````

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:01:13 +0800, Khitanian wrote:

    > I can still log on to the Administrator account, though. By logging out
    > to the welcome screen and pressing Ctl+Alt+Del several times, then type
    > in the account name as Administrator. But I still cannot install new
    > programs.
    >
    >
    >
    > Khitanian wrote:
    > > I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
    > > privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
    > > "delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when I try
    > > to create another account with the name "administrator", the system
    > > says: "an account of the same name exists".
    > >
    > > eug wrote:
    > >
    > >> How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!
    > >
    > >
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    The account named "Administrator" is hidden. I have assigned my own
    account with computor administrator status. I can manage all types of
    files with my account. The only problem is: I cannot install certain
    software with it. I bought a USB data cable recently because I cannot
    install bluetooth software, when I tried to install it, the same thing
    happened. Weird.


    sf wrote:

    > I'm confused. Are you saying there is only one administrator acct on
    > your computer and it's hidden? Can you add yourself (use your own
    > name) and give yourself administrator status?
    > http://www.ncsu.edu/resnet/windows/passwords/xp_passwords_admin.php
    >
    > ```````````
    >
    > On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:01:13 +0800, Khitanian wrote:
    >
    >
    >> I can still log on to the Administrator account, though. By logging out
    >> to the welcome screen and pressing Ctl+Alt+Del several times, then type
    >> in the account name as Administrator. But I still cannot install new
    >> programs.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Khitanian wrote:
    >> > I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
    >> > privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
    >> > "delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when I try
    >> > to create another account with the name "administrator", the system
    >> > says: "an account of the same name exists".
    >> >
    >> > eug wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!
    >> >
    >> >
    >
    >

    --
    Oderient dum Metuant
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    That is what he did. He created an administrator account. then in the
    user & accounts page he deleted the account that says administrator.

    Question : Which version of XP???
    Question : When you login as administrator does it allow you to work
    with that profile properly.
    Question : run SFC /SCANNOW it will check for any damaged registries
    that may have gotten corrupted.
    Question: do you have system restore turned on or off??


    How to rename the administrator and guest account in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320053

    It is similar in Windows XP.


    >Why didn't you set yourself up as "administrator"? Change your
    > status.... there can be more than one administrator per computer.


    sf <sf@gmail.com> wrote in
    news:a4rqd113ba36kbo35eej6bv4amr4mup86i@4ax.com:


    > Why didn't you set yourself up as "administrator"? Change your
    > status.... there can be more than one administrator per computer.
    > ``````````````````````````````
    >
    > On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:01:13 +0800, Khitanian wrote:
    >
    >> I can still log on to the Administrator account, though. By logging
    >> out to the welcome screen and pressing Ctl+Alt+Del several times,
    >> then type in the account name as Administrator. But I still cannot
    >> install new programs.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Khitanian wrote:
    >> > I open another account with my own name, gave it administrative
    >> > privileges, then click on the original admin account and punch
    >> > "delete". The account is gone and is no longer visible. But when
    >> > I try to create another account with the name "administrator", the
    >> > system says: "an account of the same name exists".
    >> >
    >> > eug wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> How did you delete the original admin account?? interesting!!
    >> >
    >> >
    >
    >
Ask a new question

Read More

Microsoft Windows XP