Irongirl-III spot report

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Ok, I'm infected by the Ironman (or -girl?) virus. Soon after the last
project had failed, I had to start the next one right away. A pure
Javazon this time, focusing on poison/plague javelin and lightning fury.
The basic rules this time: No shopping, no repairs, full clear, no
repeating of areas, complete all quests, minimal interaction with NPCs.
Just plain 'classic' Ironman.

Irongirl-III has reached act 4 normal already. Two sets of javelins with
self replenish (both rare, one found in Black Marsh, the other somewhere
in act 2) and a socketed breast plate filled with 3 TIRs (+6 to mana
after each kill) allow to kill everything with Plague Javelin (both
Poison and Plague are at slvl 10 right now). Just swap weapons when the
low quantity indicator appears. Big targets take quite some time to
kill, normal critters are done with just a single infection. Progress is
quite fast now and will speed up even more as the next 20 skill points
will boost PJ to the max (5k+ dmg over 10.6 seconds).

Unless someone convinces me that working on a strong Valkyrie makes more
sense. So far, the 1 point wonder Decoy covered the defensive part well
enough. I might even decide to skip the Valk and maybe boost Decoy a bit
instead (and even save the 3 points in Dodge/Evade/Avoid), mainly
because I have full control over the Decoy and don't have to fear that
the Valk attracts critters when I don't need them.

What else worth to mention? I failed to keep the rogue alive while
fighting Andariel. Three TP tomes dropped in Jail/Prison, but not a
single one with ID scrolls. I bought one from Andariel dropping ID
scrolls on the ground for compensation. Nice item finds: A rare ring
with +116 AR, 17% LR, 15% CR plus, last but not least, +3 light radius.
Biggin's Bonnet. Two RAL runes. A grand charm with +5 max dmg, +46 AR,
3-7 cold damage. Berserkers headgear twice and the axe once, always left
on the ground. My 3 row belt broke in late act 2. As it is a white one,
it doesn't really matter (you still can use the slots, just avoid to
remove it), but for some reason I could not find a replacement yet. Only
a plated belt dropped somewhere but 60 str is too much for now.

More to come.

---
Hannes

"Hannes Brunner" <bruhan12@web.de> wrote in message
> Ok, I'm infected by the Ironman (or -girl?) virus. Soon after the last
> project had failed, I had to start the next one right away. A pure
> Javazon this time, focusing on poison/plague javelin and lightning fury.
> The basic rules this time: No shopping, no repairs, full clear, no
> repeating of areas, complete all quests, minimal interaction with NPCs.
> Just plain 'classic' Ironman.

That's probably the char I would choose as well.

> Irongirl-III has reached act 4 normal already. Two sets of javelins with
> self replenish (both rare, one found in Black Marsh, the other somewhere
> in act 2) and a socketed breast plate filled with 3 TIRs (+6 to mana
> after each kill) allow to kill everything with Plague Javelin (both
> Poison and Plague are at slvl 10 right now). Just swap weapons when the
> low quantity indicator appears. Big targets take quite some time to
> kill, normal critters are done with just a single infection. Progress is
> quite fast now and will speed up even more as the next 20 skill points
> will boost PJ to the max (5k+ dmg over 10.6 seconds).

Yup! PJ if more fun than it looks at first glance :)

> Unless someone convinces me that working on a strong Valkyrie makes more
> sense. So far, the 1 point wonder Decoy covered the defensive part well
> enough. I might even decide to skip the Valk and maybe boost Decoy a bit
> instead (and even save the 3 points in Dodge/Evade/Avoid), mainly
> because I have full control over the Decoy and don't have to fear that
> the Valk attracts critters when I don't need them.

I wouldn't invest in Valk until you've got a few points into LF at least.
Even then, my SC Javazon was comfortable with investing in Charged Strike
instead of Valk.
1 point in Valk should be ok, esp if you're lucky enough to get some
+passives gloves and some Titans :)

> What else worth to mention? I failed to keep the rogue alive while
> fighting Andariel. Three TP tomes dropped in Jail/Prison, but not a
> single one with ID scrolls. I bought one from Andariel dropping ID
> scrolls on the ground for compensation. Nice item finds: A rare ring
> with +116 AR, 17% LR, 15% CR plus, last but not least, +3 light radius.
> Biggin's Bonnet. Two RAL runes. A grand charm with +5 max dmg, +46 AR,
> 3-7 cold damage. Berserkers headgear twice and the axe once, always left
> on the ground. My 3 row belt broke in late act 2. As it is a white one,
> it doesn't really matter (you still can use the slots, just avoid to
> remove it), but for some reason I could not find a replacement yet. Only
> a plated belt dropped somewhere but 60 str is too much for now.

Hehe, belts NEVER drop when you need them. I actually made it all the way
through act 1 before I saw anything drop that I could wear.

short