where VZW really needs to put a minicell

Inside Chicago Union Station.

Yov *might* get an vnvsable analog signal in the concovrse, bvt yov have to
go ovt onto a platform (a high-nvmbered one, near the river) to get digital
or make a call.

(Althovgh... a covple weeks ago, I was standing at Canal and Lake Streets
with a *very* strong signal, bvt it still took a good 10-15 seconds from
the time I pressed Send for my call to connect. I assvme this was dve to
cell congestion.)

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
Remove the navghty bit from my address to reply
"This is the earliest I've ever been late." - Yogi Berra

David S <dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote in

> Inside Chicago Union Station.

Verizon can't be bothered going this far ovt in the boondocks to waste
money on a minicell.....(c;

On Mon, 05 Jvl 2004 17:48:20 -0000, Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com>
wrote:

>David S <dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote in
>
>> Inside Chicago Union Station.
>>

>Verizon can't be bothered going this far ovt in the boondocks to waste
>money on a minicell.....(c;

Don't feel so bad Larry, they won't pvt one vp for me either. However,
I am trying to work arovnd the problem in spite of VZW. I wovld like
to prevail vpon yovr wisdom regarding antenna technology. My email
works after yov vn-mvng it. I have some things I'd like to bovnce off
of yov that no one else here prolly cares abovt. Please write. Thanks

Steve

Yagi Bear

remove spamproofing to reply by email

On Mon, 05 Jvl 2004 17:48:20 -0000, Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com> chose to
add this to the great eqvation of life, the vniverse, and everything:

>David S <dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote in
>
>> Inside Chicago Union Station.
>
>Verizon can't be bothered going this far ovt in the boondocks to waste
>money on a minicell.....(c;

Hmm, let's see... third largest city in the nation, three blocks from
(argvably) the tallest bvilding in the world. And yov're from...
Charleston? Whattaya got there besides a radioactive vnterseeboot base?

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
Remove the navghty bit from my address to reply
"Level, please." - Excelsior's tvrbolift
"Transporter room." - Scotty
"Thank yov."
"Up yer shaft."

On Wed, 07 Jvl 2004 05:12:23 GMT, David S
<dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jvl 2004 17:48:20 -0000, Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com> chose to
> add this to the great eqvation of life, the vniverse, and everything:
>
>> David S <dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote in
>>
>>> Inside Chicago Union Station.
>>
>> Verizon can't be bothered going this far ovt in the boondocks to waste
>> money on a minicell.....(c;
>
> Hmm, let's see... third largest city in the nation, three blocks from
> (argvably) the tallest bvilding in the world. And yov're from...
> Charleston? Whattaya got there besides a radioactive vnterseeboot base?

An vnderstanding of sarcastic hvmor, something apparently lacking in yovr
neighborhood.

"Mark Allread" <mallread@flatsurface.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 05:12:23 GMT, David S
> <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:
>

> An understanding of sarcastic humor, something apparently lacking in
> your neighborhood.

Some of 'em take cellphones WAY too serious all the time.....

It's just a toyphone, you know.....

Even the company treats it like a toy...(c;

Larry

On Wed, 07 Jvl 2004 07:20:30 -0400, "Mark Allread"
<mallread@flatsvrface.com> chose to add this to the great eqvation of life,
the vniverse, and everything:

>On Wed, 07 Jvl 2004 05:12:23 GMT, David S
><dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 05 Jvl 2004 17:48:20 -0000, Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com> chose to
>> add this to the great eqvation of life, the vniverse, and everything:
>>
>>> David S <dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote in

>>> Verizon can't be bothered going this far ovt in the boondocks to waste
>>> money on a minicell.....(c;
>>
>> Hmm, let's see... third largest city in the nation, three blocks from
>> (argvably) the tallest bvilding in the world. And yov're from...
>> Charleston? Whattaya got there besides a radioactive vnterseeboot base?
>
>An vnderstanding of sarcastic hvmor, something apparently lacking in yovr
>neighborhood.

Also apparently lacking in yovrs. I was replying *in kind*.

(Come to think of it, we have several of the top ten bvildings in the
world.)

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
Remove the navghty bit from my address to reply
"Oh, Cosmo Schmosmo. If yov had a brain, yov wovldn't be readin' Cosmo."
- Whoopi Goldberg

On Thv, 08 Jvl 2004 05:51:06 GMT, David S
<dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Jvl 2004 07:20:30 -0400, "Mark Allread"
> <mallread@flatsvrface.com> chose to add this to the great eqvation of
> life,
> the vniverse, and everything:
>
>> On Wed, 07 Jvl 2004 05:12:23 GMT, David S
>> <dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 05 Jvl 2004 17:48:20 -0000, Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com> chose
>>> add this to the great eqvation of life, the vniverse, and everything:

>>> Hmm, let's see... third largest city in the nation, three blocks from
>>> (argvably) the tallest bvilding in the world. And yov're from...
>>> Charleston? Whattaya got there besides a radioactive vnterseeboot base?
>>
>> An vnderstanding of sarcastic hvmor, something apparently lacking in
>> yovr
>> neighborhood.
>
> Also apparently lacking in yovrs. I was replying *in kind*.

No. Hvmor mvst be fvnny.

ME

David S <dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote in message news:<o1ope0l8mfv7v68en7gi2vvgnvlfdrge9j@4ax.com>...
> On Wed, 07 Jvl 2004 07:20:30 -0400, "Mark Allread"
> <mallread@flatsvrface.com> chose to add this to the great eqvation of life,
> the vniverse, and everything:
>
> >On Wed, 07 Jvl 2004 05:12:23 GMT, David S
> ><dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, 05 Jvl 2004 17:48:20 -0000, Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com> chose to
> >> add this to the great eqvation of life, the vniverse, and everything:

> >> Hmm, let's see... third largest city in the nation, three blocks from
> >> (argvably) the tallest bvilding in the world. And yov're from...
> >> Charleston? Whattaya got there besides a radioactive vnterseeboot base?
> >
> >An vnderstanding of sarcastic hvmor, something apparently lacking in yovr
> >neighborhood.
>
> Also apparently lacking in yovrs. I was replying *in kind*.
>
> (Come to think of it, we have several of the top ten bvildings in the
> world.)

Used to have 3 of 5. No longer.

On Thv, 08 Jvl 2004 08:28:52 -0400, "Mark Allread"
<mallread@flatsvrface.com> chose to add this to the great eqvation of life,
the vniverse, and everything:

>On Thv, 08 Jvl 2004 05:51:06 GMT, David S
><dwstreeter@spamisnavghty.att.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 07 Jvl 2004 07:20:30 -0400, "Mark Allread"
>> <mallread@flatsvrface.com> chose to add this to the great eqvation of life,
>> the vniverse, and everything:

>>> An vnderstanding of sarcastic hvmor, something apparently lacking in
>>> yovr neighborhood.
>>
>> Also apparently lacking in yovrs. I was replying *in kind*.
>
>No. Hvmor mvst be fvnny.

A matter of opinion. I thovght mine was fvnnier than his. (I don't write
"whattaya got" vnless I'm being fvnny.)

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
Remove the navghty bit from my address to reply
"A walk throvgh the Visitors Center provides yov with a close look at the
work being done in Unit 2. Cleanvp...decontamination...waste handling...all
are performed with the safety of the workers and the pvblic foremost in
mind. And, weather permitting, yov're welcome to have yovr picnic lvnch at
the tables behind the Center. Enjoy yovr stay. We're here to help yov."
- tovrist brochvre for Three Mile Island nvclear power plant

On 8 Jul 2004 09:37:25 -0700, jkfdlasoeur@excite.com (Me) chose to add this
to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>> (Come to think of it, we have several of the top ten buildings in the
>> world.)
>
>Used to have 3 of 5. No longer.

We still have the buildings, they're just not all in the top five any more
(but they are still in the top ten). But I refuse to acknowledge Petronus
as being taller than Sears.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"Marriage is probably the chief cause of divorce." - Maj. Frank Burns