Linksys WPC54G (Wireless)under Suse Linux 9.0

splash

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003

Hi folks,

i'm a newbie in the linux world. i have the suse linux vers. 9.0 installed
on my fuji Amelio D portable.
the linux system works fine. i have a linksys ADSL-WLAN Gateway. when i plug
the network cable between my portable and the router, the internet works.

Under Win XP i can install the PCMCIA-Slot card whitout problems and den
WLAN works. but i can handle it under linux.

I read some installation documentation, but i still can make it work.

Does anyone of yours have a guide for "dummies" ??

Thanks a lot, and sorry about my english. i speaks german normally... :)

c ya

Splash

Splash <splash_alpha@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi folks,

> i'm a newbie in the linux world. i have the suse linux vers. 9.0 installed
> on my fuji Amelio D portable.
> the linux system works fine. i have a linksys ADSL-WLAN Gateway. when i plug
> the network cable between my portable and the router, the internet works.

> Under Win XP i can install the PCMCIA-Slot card whitout problems and den
> WLAN works. but i can handle it under linux.

You might try looking at the ndiswrapper project.

--

Best regards,

Stephen Jenuth
(jenuths@homacjen.ab.ca)