Additional Send To Option

June 15, 2005 7:28:22 PM

Hi All,

When you right-click on a file you have the option of >>Send To >>Mail
Recipient

Is it possible to add additional criteria to this. I would like to be able
to quickly e-mail files to specified addresses by adding a Send To >>
Test@testmail.com option.

Thanks

Andi

More about : additional send option

June 15, 2005 7:28:23 PM

In news:%23Dcl%23ZbcFHA.3400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Andibevan <andibevan@remove-to-prevent-spam-hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Hi All,
>
> When you right-click on a file you have the option of >>Send To >>Mail
> Recipient
>
> Is it possible to add additional criteria to this. I would like to
> be able to quickly e-mail files to specified addresses by adding a
> Send To >> Test@testmail.com option.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andi

Don't quote me on this but give it a shot if you want... I think it will
require rebooting because I added it successfully and the shortcut works but
it's not showing up and I don't want to reboot but I suspect it will work.

Make sure you can see hidden files and folders...
Navigate to here: C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\SendTo
Right click a blank spot > new > shortcut
Put this in there: "mailto:email@address" (without the quotes)
Change the email address to the one you want to use
Click okay
Right click it again and give it a pretty icon if you want with the
customize option
Reboot and it SHOULD be there... You might get away with just logging of and
back on or even purposely crashing explorer.exe...

Actually I'll try that one...

Hmm...

Nope... That didn't work...

Okay same process (this one works)

Make shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
/mailurl:mailto:name@example.com (use quotes as they are and exactly as they
are) in that same directory as listed above.

That one showed up right away and works.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:07:02 PM

Fantastic - Thanks Galen

In news:%23Dcl%23ZbcFHA.3400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Andibevan <andibevan@remove-to-prevent-spam-hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Hi All,
>
> When you right-click on a file you have the option of >>Send To >>Mail
> Recipient
>
> Is it possible to add additional criteria to this. I would like to
> be able to quickly e-mail files to specified addresses by adding a
> Send To >> Test@testmail.com option.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andi

Don't quote me on this but give it a shot if you want... I think it will
require rebooting because I added it successfully and the shortcut works but
it's not showing up and I don't want to reboot but I suspect it will work.

Make sure you can see hidden files and folders...
Navigate to here: C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\SendTo
Right click a blank spot > new > shortcut
Put this in there: "mailto:email@address" (without the quotes)
Change the email address to the one you want to use
Click okay
Right click it again and give it a pretty icon if you want with the
customize option
Reboot and it SHOULD be there... You might get away with just logging of and
back on or even purposely crashing explorer.exe...

Actually I'll try that one...

Hmm...

Nope... That didn't work...

Okay same process (this one works)

Make shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
/mailurl:mailto:name@example.com (use quotes as they are and exactly as they
are) in that same directory as listed above.

That one showed up right away and works.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
June 16, 2005 2:35:17 PM

Sorry - I replied too hastily - I am actually using Outlook, not outlook
express.

In news:%23Dcl%23ZbcFHA.3400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Andibevan <andibevan@remove-to-prevent-spam-hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Hi All,
>
> When you right-click on a file you have the option of >>Send To >>Mail
> Recipient
>
> Is it possible to add additional criteria to this. I would like to
> be able to quickly e-mail files to specified addresses by adding a
> Send To >> Test@testmail.com option.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andi

Don't quote me on this but give it a shot if you want... I think it will
require rebooting because I added it successfully and the shortcut works but
it's not showing up and I don't want to reboot but I suspect it will work.

Make sure you can see hidden files and folders...
Navigate to here: C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\SendTo
Right click a blank spot > new > shortcut
Put this in there: "mailto:email@address" (without the quotes)
Change the email address to the one you want to use
Click okay
Right click it again and give it a pretty icon if you want with the
customize option
Reboot and it SHOULD be there... You might get away with just logging of and
back on or even purposely crashing explorer.exe...

Actually I'll try that one...

Hmm...

Nope... That didn't work...

Okay same process (this one works)

Make shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
/mailurl:mailto:name@example.com (use quotes as they are and exactly as they
are) in that same directory as listed above.

That one showed up right away and works.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:43:40 PM

Worked it out - but thanks for the starter idea - never realised there was a
sendto folder

Heres the switch:-

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /c ipm.note /m
name@address

!