Access internet in XP through 2000

Hi,

I hv a setup in which I want to access internet on Windows XP thru Win
2000. After following all the protocols such as enabling DHCP on the
client , allowing the Share of the internet on the host, enabling
routing in Win 2000 Server(host) etc ,, , though XP is able to ping
the gateway of my ISP ,it is not able to access any website.

Please suggest.

Thankx
Asheesh

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-Access-internet-XP-2000-ftopict546164.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1725741
1 answer Last reply
More about access internet 2000

    In news:3_1725741_894cc77ae48a41c45f58b44ba956f7b2@windowsforumz.com,
    asheesh1_2000 <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> had this to say:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I hv a setup in which I want to access internet on Windows XP thru Win
    > 2000. After following all the protocols such as enabling DHCP on the
    > client , allowing the Share of the internet on the host, enabling
    > routing in Win 2000 Server(host) etc ,, , though XP is able to ping
    > the gateway of my ISP ,it is not able to access any website.
    >
    > Please suggest.
    >
    > Thankx
    > Asheesh

    Do you have the IP address on the 2k box set to 192.168.0.1 and the XP set
    to grab IP address automatically? Additionally (IIRC) you can set the DNS to
    the 192.168.0.1 address and try adding mshome.net (assuming mshome is the
    name of your workgroup) as your default gateway. For ICS I've found that (if
    this is possible for you) to use the XP box is seemingly better. I don't
    know if there's any major differences between ICS on XP and 2k but I have
    fewer problems using ICS with XP as the host.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Internet Service Providers Windows XP Internet