Closed Solved

Resident evil 5 xlive initialize problem

I installed Resident Evil 5,played it once greatly.But the next time i run the game,it crashes and says"RE5DX9 error:E_Fail-X_LIVE INITIALIZE".When i uninstall the game and run it again,it only runs for once and then gives the same message.I have an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33 ghz processor,Nvidia Geforce 9800 gt 512 mb agp,2 gb ram,Samsung 19' lcd monitor.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about resident evil xlive initialize problem
  1. Do you use Windows xp??? Because Resident evil 5 encaunters problems on XP, I use windows 7 x64, by the way i got Phenom II 550 Black Edition @3.7 GHz, Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P, 4GB Kinkston Hyper X DDR3 at 1600 mhz and MSI RADEON R3870X2 1 GB VRAM, it works perfectly, over 80 FPS, by the way, i hate this Xlive ***, DO ANYBODY HAVE xliveless like for GTA 4, i want to manage my save and i lost savegame becase i installed windows 7 x64, i was usinfg x86 yesterday and installed x64 and because of this crap Xlive, i can't use my old save to continue the game where i stoped????

And, you my friedn, TRY WINDOWS 7 x64 or x86, it will work!!! ;)
  2. Firstly i'am have same error

Now I make patch Resident Evil 5. And Success Worked.

Support to Have Patch : e-mail : speed.fastest.solo[at]gmail.com
  3. Best answer
    Might be worth a quick trip over to Microsoft update, there was a new update for G4WL recently, see if installing that fixes the problem. When I first got the game I couldn't get it to load until I had done that.
  4. in win XP : try open the game with "Run as" and select administrator.
    in win vista or 7 :right click on "launcher.exe" and select run as administrator.

omidhoban@yahoo.com

:D
  5. no it doesn't work !!
  6. Best answer selected by r_manic.
  7. Quote:
    Firstly i'am have same error

Now I make patch Resident Evil 5. And Success Worked.

Support to Have Patch : e-mail : speed.fastest.solo[at]gmail.com

Hi.. Ihave got the same problems. Re5 doesn't work either on my laptop. can you send me the patch please??

thanks
  8. try installing windows games live if u r using win 7.
  9. just rename xlive.dll with another name...
  10. If you really really can't play Resident Evil 5, take a look at my notes..

1. I think all of you who had this problem should,delete the xlive.dll
    2. about other .dll files,add them if missing
    3. download and install Games for Windows - Live (is a microsoft program for most of the new games)
    4. run the game, the Games for Windows will pop out in a while when the game is loading
    5. you may create the offline profile(press Home button when you're at the create profile / existing profile)
    6. enter your name, then after you'd submitted, you may be able to save game, play the game

**however, if you want to play online, you have to own the product key

---hopefully this will help you guys who can't play this resident evil 5
  11. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Video Games