howto FORCE install to ALLUSERS

If for no other reason than to be able to be able to sort the desktop
alphabetically, I'd like to know if there's a way to force installation to ALL
USERS when installing programs. I installed a program yesterday, and when I
moved it's shortcut into the all users desktop folder, the shortcut became
unusable. Had to move it back.

So now I have the desktop sorted alphabetically all except for this one.

Other benefits would be fewer identical shortcuts scattered thru out the
C:\Documents and Settings folders.

programs installed, would be accessible to anyone. I'm the only one using the
machine so this isn't really a problem. Other than finding shortcuts in more
than one place.

Not all programs off the option to install for all users.

Hi,

Sorry, that's not possible, see:
http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

But, basically, much depends on how the installation routine is written.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Husky" <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in message
> If for no other reason than to be able to be able to sort the desktop
> alphabetically, I'd like to know if there's a way to force installation to
> ALL
> USERS when installing programs. I installed a program yesterday, and when
> moved it's shortcut into the all users desktop folder, the shortcut became
> unusable. Had to move it back.
>
> So now I have the desktop sorted alphabetically all except for this one.
>
> Other benefits would be fewer identical shortcuts scattered thru out the
> C:\Documents and Settings folders.
>
> programs installed, would be accessible to anyone. I'm the only one using
> the
> machine so this isn't really a problem. Other than finding shortcuts in
> more
> than one place.
>
> Not all programs off the option to install for all users.
>
> --
> more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

Husky <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote:

>If for no other reason than to be able to be able to sort the desktop
>alphabetically, I'd like to know if there's a way to force installation to ALL
>USERS when installing programs.

This is not possible. It will install as desgined by the programmer.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233