Windows XP Pro as a Terminal Server

gaviota

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
I would like to set up a Windows XP Pro computer as a terminal server for a single Pentium 2 PC, but I can't get it to work with two concurrent connections. If you log on to the old PC while another user is connected to the new (terminal server) PC, he will be disconnected. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
Per Micro$ Ref. Frequently Asked Questions About Remote Desktop

Q. The local computer screen locks when a user is connected remotely. How can I get more than one connection to a computer running Windows XP Professional?
A. If you want to have more than one person simultaneously use a computer running Windows XP Professional, you could try Remote Assistance for collaboration and support scenarios. Windows 2000 Server with Terminal Services allows multiple users, as will Windows Server 2003, when it becomes available.

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>

Tyvy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2001
Yes.. its suppose to be that way... :p But yea Remote Assistance would be the way to do it! although it lags the hell outta ya pc when yer connected... and... both people have control over the 1 desktop at 1 time.. as far as i am aware.

<font color=green>P4 2.4c @ 2.8
Asus P4P800
MSI R9800 Pro 128
1Gb DDR 2700 [Dual Channel]
80Gb WD </font color=green>

<font color=red>"Fo'Shizel Dats a Niceizel Rigizel = Nice Computer! " </font color=red>