User Account

I recently changed my .net framework to my computer administrator and my user
account to limited account and when i turn on my computer it only shows my
User account which only has limited access and I can't do anything about it.
How can i change back my .net framework to limited and user back to computer
administrator again?
9 answers Last reply
More about user account

    You do need to wait more than 10 minutes for a reply...reposting just pisses
    people off and noone will answer.
    Reboot into safe mode.....F8 at startup
    enter as the administrator
    change your limited back to an admin account
    peterk

    the problem
    "thf344" <thf344@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently changed my .net framework to my computer administrator and my
    >user
    > account to limited account and when i turn on my computer it only shows my
    > User account which only has limited access and I can't do anything about
    > it.
    > How can i change back my .net framework to limited and user back to
    > computer
    > administrator again?

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    "thf344" <thf344@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I recently changed my .net framework to my computer administrator and my
    user
    > account to limited account and when i turn on my computer it only shows my
    > User account which only has limited access and I can't do anything about
    it.
    > How can i change back my .net framework to limited and user back to
    computer
    > administrator again?

    well that key works.............now try B
    peterk

    the problem
    <d.libera@gmx.de> wrote in message

    > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    >

    > "thf344" <thf344@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> I recently changed my .net framework to my computer administrator and my
    > user
    >> account to limited account and when i turn on my computer it only shows
    >> my
    >> User account which only has limited access and I can't do anything about
    > it.
    >> How can i change back my .net framework to limited and user back to
    > computer
    >> administrator again?

    Pretty funny "peterk"! I knew Windows 98 inside and out, so I can understand
    how frustrating WindowsXP can be! I have no clue as to how to fix my new
    computer system, and it has been back to the service department twice in one
    month..... supposedly they did a complete re-install both times, but I still
    can't work the stupid thing! Anyone know where to get a new motherboard for
    my old Windows98 PB??

    "peterk" wrote:

    > well that key works.............now try B
    > peterk
    >
    > --
    > It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about
    > the problem
    > <d.libera@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > >
    > > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    > > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    > >

    > > "thf344" <thf344@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >> I recently changed my .net framework to my computer administrator and my
    > > user
    > >> account to limited account and when i turn on my computer it only shows
    > >> my
    > >> User account which only has limited access and I can't do anything about
    > > it.
    > >> How can i change back my .net framework to limited and user back to
    > > computer
    > >> administrator again?

    Maybe you should explain the problems you are having on a help site like
    this and someone will reply with the solution.
    I cant tell if your the person who send "AAAAAAAAA" but to me that is not a
    question.
    There are also numerous Books out on how to use XP and lots and lots of
    websites that have detailed information on XP.
    A Google search of XP turn up a huge amount of sites.....by adding a word
    after XP..eg XP Help you will get a more detailed
    list of helpful sites.
    peterk

    the problem
    "bac" <bac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Pretty funny "peterk"! I knew Windows 98 inside and out, so I can
    > understand
    > how frustrating WindowsXP can be! I have no clue as to how to fix my new
    > computer system, and it has been back to the service department twice in
    > one
    > month..... supposedly they did a complete re-install both times, but I
    > still
    > can't work the stupid thing! Anyone know where to get a new motherboard
    > for
    > my old Windows98 PB??
    >
    > "peterk" wrote:
    >
    >> well that key works.............now try B
    >> peterk
    >>
    >> --
    >> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
    >> about
    >> the problem
    >> <d.libera@gmx.de> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    >> > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    >> >

    >> > "thf344" <thf344@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> > user
    >> > it.
    >> > computer

    almost forgot
    Motherboards go by form factors and socket type.MoBo do not hold an
    operating system....the HD does.
    Almost any MOBO will work with the old 98 operating system.You just have to
    determine what type you have and find the appropriate replacement that would
    hold your present processor and fit into your present case.
    XP is a different animal....it does not work on the same underlying
    structure as 98 but again most older(depends how old) mobo would work with
    XP.A Bios upgrade might be required and some of the original drivers would
    most certainly need to be upgraded to XP drivers.
    The XP website has the minimum requirements needed for a semi smooth
    operation of XP...double the min amount of ram required and XP will hum
    along quite nicely.
    Again I urge you to post your specific problems for specific help
    peterk

    the problem
    "bac" <bac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Pretty funny "peterk"! I knew Windows 98 inside and out, so I can
    > understand
    > how frustrating WindowsXP can be! I have no clue as to how to fix my new
    > computer system, and it has been back to the service department twice in
    > one
    > month..... supposedly they did a complete re-install both times, but I
    > still
    > can't work the stupid thing! Anyone know where to get a new motherboard
    > for
    > my old Windows98 PB??
    >
    > "peterk" wrote:
    >
    >> well that key works.............now try B
    >> peterk
    >>
    >> --
    >> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
    >> about
    >> the problem
    >> <d.libera@gmx.de> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    >> > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    >> >

    >> > "thf344" <thf344@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> > user
    >> > it.
    >> > computer

    Hey Peterk! No, I wasn't the one with the alphabet problems, but that
    doesn't matter! Thanks for the info regarding the MoBo for my old computer,
    maybe I can get the two computers running and be set for life!

    My problems with the new computer lies with the CD/DVD drives/writer. The
    computer suddenly lost the ability to 'burn' DVDs that were readable by ANY
    device, even the computer itself. It does not recognize an empty disc
    either, and keeps asking for one. My computer is an HP Pavilion a720n, using
    the recording program Sonic RecordNow and WinDVD. The DVD writer is a
    Philips DVD8421, by looking at the system info, and the salesman told me to
    use DVD+R discs. The other funny thing about this, is that for some reason
    this all started when I used a Sony DVD to record, then everything went to
    the dogs!! (gift certificate, sorry). The drive is dual layer capable, and I
    am using single layer DVDs to record, so I can't see where the problem is.
    I've looked at the system Bios, and have about 50 bios files that mostly say
    they are 'not recognized extensions', so I don't have a clue what to do
    there. I would be exstatic if someone could figure this out, I feel kind of
    'dumb' on this system, whereas before I could fix anything for everyone else!

    "peterk" wrote:

    > almost forgot
    > Motherboards go by form factors and socket type.MoBo do not hold an
    > operating system....the HD does.
    > Almost any MOBO will work with the old 98 operating system.You just have to
    > determine what type you have and find the appropriate replacement that would
    > hold your present processor and fit into your present case.
    > XP is a different animal....it does not work on the same underlying
    > structure as 98 but again most older(depends how old) mobo would work with
    > XP.A Bios upgrade might be required and some of the original drivers would
    > most certainly need to be upgraded to XP drivers.
    > The XP website has the minimum requirements needed for a semi smooth
    > operation of XP...double the min amount of ram required and XP will hum
    > along quite nicely.
    > Again I urge you to post your specific problems for specific help
    > peterk
    >
    > --
    > It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about
    > the problem
    > "bac" <bac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Pretty funny "peterk"! I knew Windows 98 inside and out, so I can
    > > understand
    > > how frustrating WindowsXP can be! I have no clue as to how to fix my new
    > > computer system, and it has been back to the service department twice in
    > > one
    > > month..... supposedly they did a complete re-install both times, but I
    > > still
    > > can't work the stupid thing! Anyone know where to get a new motherboard
    > > for
    > > my old Windows98 PB??
    > >
    > > "peterk" wrote:
    > >
    > >> well that key works.............now try B
    > >> peterk
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
    > >> about
    > >> the problem
    > >> <d.libera@gmx.de> wrote in message

    The first website lista all of the updates available for your computer.
    The 2nd website is the troubleshooter for XP with DVD problems
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=431077&lang=en&cc=us&os=228

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q308012

    To Flash a BIOS is possible...lots of people do it but it can be
    dangerous.If not done right you can do irreversible damage to your
    computer.The following site has detailed instructions for your system.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?dlc=en&lc=en&product=431077&dest_page=product&cc=us&docname=c00007682
    If you are going to do this print them out so you can follow them carefully

    Sometimes the simple act of removing the DVD under Device Manager and
    rebooting,letting XP redect the drive solves problems.
    hope this helps
    peter

> [...]
    >> Again I urge you to post your specific problems for specific help
    >> peterk
    >>
    >> --
    >> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
    >> about
    >> the problem
    >> "bac" <bac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Pretty funny "peterk"! I knew Windows 98 inside and out, so I can
    >> > understand
    >> > how frustrating WindowsXP can be! I have no clue as to how to fix my
    >> > new
    >> > computer system, and it has been back to the service department twice
    >> > in
    >> > one
    >> > month..... supposedly they did a complete re-install both times, but I
    >> > still
    >> > can't work the stupid thing! Anyone know where to get a new

    Thanks peterk! I'll check out the sites, and do some on-line reading 'in my
    spare time' LOL! Oh well, I'll get the hang of this system too, I guess.
    Just takes some time and getting used to. Appreciate your help though.
    bac

    "peterk" wrote:

> [...]
    > >> would
    > >> hold your present processor and fit into your present case.
    > >> XP is a different animal....it does not work on the same underlying
    > >> structure as 98 but again most older(depends how old) mobo would work
    > >> with
    > >> XP.A Bios upgrade might be required and some of the original drivers
    > >> would
    > >> most certainly need to be upgraded to XP drivers.
    > >> The XP website has the minimum requirements needed for a semi smooth
    > >> operation of XP...double the min amount of ram required and XP will hum
    > >> along quite nicely.
    > >> Again I urge you to post your specific problems for specific help
    > >> peterk
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much

Framework Computers Microsoft Windows XP