Allow multiple users for MS Office

June 17, 2005 5:32:09 PM

I installed MS Office, Teacher edition, through my XP home edition account.
However, nothing shows up in my wife's account either in the program
directory, her start menu or her desktop. I tried a second installation
directly to her account, but only got a message of "upgrade" and nothing that
would allow her to get to the program. Am extremely frustrated, and would
like to figuratively take a baseball bat to Bill Gates.
Thanks for any help that can be provided.

More about : multiple users office

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 5:43:02 PM

Does your wife have administrative privileges? If so, put shortcuts into the
All Users folder for each app and they should (fingers crossed here) work.

Good Luck!

"jdcolv" wrote:

> I installed MS Office, Teacher edition, through my XP home edition account.
> However, nothing shows up in my wife's account either in the program
> directory, her start menu or her desktop. I tried a second installation
> directly to her account, but only got a message of "upgrade" and nothing that
> would allow her to get to the program. Am extremely frustrated, and would
> like to figuratively take a baseball bat to Bill Gates.
> Thanks for any help that can be provided.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 9:19:32 PM

Did you install it for all users?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

jdcolv wrote:
> I installed MS Office, Teacher edition, through my XP home edition
> account. However, nothing shows up in my wife's account either in the
> program directory, her start menu or her desktop. I tried a second
> installation directly to her account, but only got a message of "upgrade"
> and nothing that would allow her to get to the program. Am extremely
> frustrated, and would like to figuratively take a baseball bat to Bill
> Gates.
> Thanks for any help that can be provided.
June 17, 2005 9:19:33 PM

I don't know. How do I do that?

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Did you install it for all users?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> jdcolv wrote:
> > I installed MS Office, Teacher edition, through my XP home edition
> > account. However, nothing shows up in my wife's account either in the
> > program directory, her start menu or her desktop. I tried a second
> > installation directly to her account, but only got a message of "upgrade"
> > and nothing that would allow her to get to the program. Am extremely
> > frustrated, and would like to figuratively take a baseball bat to Bill
> > Gates.
> > Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 10:42:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I suggest post your queries to an Office-specific newsgroup:

microsoft.public.office.misc
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/d...

I have cross-posted this reply to that newsgroup for you.
--

jdcolv wrote:
> I don't know. How do I do that?
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > Did you install it for all users?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
> >
> > jdcolv wrote:
> > > I installed MS Office, Teacher edition, through my XP home edition
> > > account. However, nothing shows up in my wife's account either in the
> > > program directory, her start menu or her desktop. I tried a second
> > > installation directly to her account, but only got a message of
> > > "upgrade" and nothing that would allow her to get to the program. Am
> > > extremely frustrated, and would like to figuratively take a baseball
> > > bat to Bill Gates.
> > > Thanks for any help that can be provided.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 10:11:44 AM

All users use one main admin account until they understand user permissions
or thump their head with a baseball bat - and also it is good to blame a
lack of knowledge on Bill Gates or Bill Clinton.

But, if you feel you cannot learn then maybe put your wife in charge.

!