3COM USB Adaptor Problem

have a network using 3COM equipment. The one wireless PC has a 3COM USB
adaptor 3CRWE254G72. When this PC is booted it refuses to connect to the
web. However if I go into device manager, disable and then re-enable the
USB adaptor the PC then connects. I have tried uninstalling and
reinstalling the 3COM software which is the latest version from their
website. The USB adaptor is the second one, the first having the same
problem. Unfortunately this PC is used by a family member who isn't very PC
literate and expecting him to go into device manager every time isn't
practical. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Failing that does
anyone now how to write a script that would automate this procedure?
Thanks.

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 06:02:36 +0100, in alt.internet.wireless , "M"
<none@none.com> wrote:

> have a network using 3COM equipment. The one wireless PC has a 3COM USB
>adaptor 3CRWE254G72. When this PC is booted it refuses to connect to the
>web. However if I go into device manager, disable and then re-enable the
>USB adaptor the PC then connects.

I had the same problem with a Belkin USB wireless adapter. I don't think
its a hardware or driver problem as such. You don't mention your OS, but I
was using Win98, which did this most of the time, while W2K had no problems
with the same kit. I discovered in the end that if I waited 5-10 mins, the
adapter would come to life.

--
Mark McIntyre