Batch file work differently on two different Windows XP in..

I've got two different copies of Windows XP installed on my System, one on
drive D: the other on drive F:. I've got a Batch file on drive C: that when
executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive D: copies a file
"GOLDEN.bat" from drive C: to a specific directory on drive D: When
executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive F: it should copy the
same file from drive C: to a directory with the same name on drive F:.
Typical lines of code are:

Set PathC=C:\(My Documents)\z (Documents)
Set PathD1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings
Set PathD2=StartMenu\Programs\Startup
XCOPY /y "%PathC%\+Macros\Golden.bat" "%PathD1%\DJohansen\%PathD2%\*.*"

The enviornment variable "SystemDrive" is a system variable that is
automattically set to "D:" when executed from the copy of Windows on Drive
D:, and set to "F:" when executed from the copy of Windows on drive F:

I've copied the above four lines of code to a batch file which I've called
"BATCH.bat".
When executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive D: the file copy
is successfully made. When executed from drive F:, however, the system
displays an error message: "File not found - Golden.bat -", immediately
following display of the operation.

This is clearly a problem. The copy operation should be succesfull no
matter where it is executed from. Can anyone help me out?

Don J

More about batch file work differently windows

    Hi,

    When you are booted to the installation on F, the system, more specifically
    your user profile, probably has insufficient privileges to access the PathC
    files.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Don J" <dej8800@comcast.com> wrote in message
    > I've got two different copies of Windows XP installed on my System, one on
    > drive D: the other on drive F:. I've got a Batch file on drive C: that
    > when executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive D: copies a file
    > "GOLDEN.bat" from drive C: to a specific directory on drive D: When
    > executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive F: it should copy the
    > same file from drive C: to a directory with the same name on drive F:.
    > Typical lines of code are:
    >
    > Set PathC=C:\(My Documents)\z (Documents)
    > Set PathD1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings
    > Set PathD2=StartMenu\Programs\Startup
    > XCOPY /y "%PathC%\+Macros\Golden.bat" "%PathD1%\DJohansen\%PathD2%\*.*"
    >
    > The enviornment variable "SystemDrive" is a system variable that is
    > automattically set to "D:" when executed from the copy of Windows on Drive
    > D:, and set to "F:" when executed from the copy of Windows on drive F:
    >
    > I've copied the above four lines of code to a batch file which I've called
    > "BATCH.bat".
    > When executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive D: the file copy
    > is successfully made. When executed from drive F:, however, the system
    > displays an error message: "File not found - Golden.bat -", immediately
    > following display of the operation.
    >
    > This is clearly a problem. The copy operation should be succesfull no
    > matter where it is executed from. Can anyone help me out?
    >
    > Don J

    False Alarm! Unbeknownst to me when I was working in drive F: the partition
    that had originally been at drive C: had been moved to drive K: I've
    noticed that this happens sometimes when you install a second copy of
    Windows with a second hard disk present.
    Sorry!!!

    Don J

    "Don J" <dej8800@comcast.com> wrote in message
    > I've got two different copies of Windows XP installed on my System, one on
    > drive D: the other on drive F:. I've got a Batch file on drive C: that
    > when executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive D: copies a file
    > "GOLDEN.bat" from drive C: to a specific directory on drive D: When
    > executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive F: it should copy the
    > same file from drive C: to a directory with the same name on drive F:.
    > Typical lines of code are:
    >
    > Set PathC=C:\(My Documents)\z (Documents)
    > Set PathD1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings
    > Set PathD2=StartMenu\Programs\Startup
    > XCOPY /y "%PathC%\+Macros\Golden.bat" "%PathD1%\DJohansen\%PathD2%\*.*"
    >
    > The enviornment variable "SystemDrive" is a system variable that is
    > automattically set to "D:" when executed from the copy of Windows on Drive
    > D:, and set to "F:" when executed from the copy of Windows on drive F:
    >
    > I've copied the above four lines of code to a batch file which I've called
    > "BATCH.bat".
    > When executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive D: the file copy
    > is successfully made. When executed from drive F:, however, the system
    > displays an error message: "File not found - Golden.bat -", immediately
    > following display of the operation.
    >
    > This is clearly a problem. The copy operation should be succesfull no
    > matter where it is executed from. Can anyone help me out?
    >
    > Don J

    test
    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    >
    > When you are booted to the installation on F, the system, more
    specifically
    > your user profile, probably has insufficient privileges to access the
    PathC
    > files.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Don J" <dej8800@comcast.com> wrote in message
    > > I've got two different copies of Windows XP installed on my System, one
    on
    > > drive D: the other on drive F:. I've got a Batch file on drive C: that
    > > when executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive D: copies a
    file
    > > "GOLDEN.bat" from drive C: to a specific directory on drive D: When
    > > executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive F: it should copy
    the
    > > same file from drive C: to a directory with the same name on drive F:.
    > > Typical lines of code are:
    > >
    > > Set PathC=C:\(My Documents)\z (Documents)
    > > Set PathD1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings
    > > Set PathD2=StartMenu\Programs\Startup
    > > XCOPY /y "%PathC%\+Macros\Golden.bat" "%PathD1%\DJohansen\%PathD2%\*.*"
    > >
    > > The enviornment variable "SystemDrive" is a system variable that is
    > > automattically set to "D:" when executed from the copy of Windows on
    Drive
    > > D:, and set to "F:" when executed from the copy of Windows on drive F:
    > >
    > > I've copied the above four lines of code to a batch file which I've
    called
    > > "BATCH.bat".
    > > When executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive D: the file
    copy
    > > is successfully made. When executed from drive F:, however, the system
    > > displays an error message: "File not found - Golden.bat -", immediately
    > > following display of the operation.
    > >
    > > This is clearly a problem. The copy operation should be succesfull no
    > > matter where it is executed from. Can anyone help me out?
    > >
    > > Don J

    -------

    test
    "Don J" <dej8800@comcast.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I've got two different copies of Windows XP installed on my System, one on
    > drive D: the other on drive F:. I've got a Batch file on drive C: that
    when
    > executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive D: copies a file
    > "GOLDEN.bat" from drive C: to a specific directory on drive D: When
    > executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive F: it should copy the
    > same file from drive C: to a directory with the same name on drive F:.
    > Typical lines of code are:
    >
    > Set PathC=C:\(My Documents)\z (Documents)
    > Set PathD1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings
    > Set PathD2=StartMenu\Programs\Startup
    > XCOPY /y "%PathC%\+Macros\Golden.bat" "%PathD1%\DJohansen\%PathD2%\*.*"
    >
    > The enviornment variable "SystemDrive" is a system variable that is
    > automattically set to "D:" when executed from the copy of Windows on Drive
    > D:, and set to "F:" when executed from the copy of Windows on drive F:
    >
    > I've copied the above four lines of code to a batch file which I've called
    > "BATCH.bat".
    > When executed from the copy of Windows installed on drive D: the file copy
    > is successfully made. When executed from drive F:, however, the system
    > displays an error message: "File not found - Golden.bat -", immediately
    > following display of the operation.
    >
    > This is clearly a problem. The copy operation should be succesfull no
    > matter where it is executed from. Can anyone help me out?
    >
    > Don J

    -------

Windows XP