July 5th

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I'm assuming that since July 5th is the "legal holiday" for the Fourth
that VZW will consider it a holiday for airtime charges? (in other
words, off peak time instead of peak time).

Dave
44 answers Last reply
More about july
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Yes, July 5th peak time calls are billed as off peak. You can confirm this
    by calling *611.

    "Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:i56he0d5q67jmkvqria3ji6bu6jcuog405@4ax.com...
    > I'm assuming that since July 5th is the "legal holiday" for the Fourth
    > that VZW will consider it a holiday for airtime charges? (in other
    > words, off peak time instead of peak time).
    >
    > Dave
    >
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:i56he0d5q67jmkvqria3ji6bu6jcuog405@4ax.com...
    > I'm assuming that since July 5th is the "legal holiday" for the Fourth
    > that VZW will consider it a holiday for airtime charges? (in other
    > words, off peak time instead of peak time).
    >
    > Dave
    >

    'Cept for certain parts of Kentucky and Indiana-- according to the *611
    intro recording in the Atlanta market.

    Dan'l.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NOSPAM@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<yhaGc.2358$sD4.6@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
    > "Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:i56he0d5q67jmkvqria3ji6bu6jcuog405@4ax.com...
    > > I'm assuming that since July 5th is the "legal holiday" for the Fourth
    > > that VZW will consider it a holiday for airtime charges? (in other
    > > words, off peak time instead of peak time).
    > >
    > > Dave
    > >
    >
    > 'Cept for certain parts of Kentucky and Indiana-- according to the *611
    > intro recording in the Atlanta market.
    >
    > Dan'l.

    I'm in DC and I called up *611 and didn't get any announcement about
    calls being billed off-peak. Then I spoke with the CSR and they said
    called will be billed as PEAK calls. Strange!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Hmm, mine are being registered as "peak" on the 5th--possiby to change after
    midnight on the 6th? I'm in NC.


    "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:mT5Gc.1634$X84.1544@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
    > Yes, July 5th peak time calls are billed as off peak. You can confirm
    this
    > by calling *611.
    >
    > "Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:i56he0d5q67jmkvqria3ji6bu6jcuog405@4ax.com...
    > > I'm assuming that since July 5th is the "legal holiday" for the Fourth
    > > that VZW will consider it a holiday for airtime charges? (in other
    > > words, off peak time instead of peak time).
    > >
    > > Dave
    > >
    >
    >
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 05:42:42 GMT, "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:
    >Yes, July 5th peak time calls are billed as off peak. You can confirm this
    >by calling *611.

    I just called *611 and the rep told me today is a normal weekday.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:44:12 GMT, Bob Scheurle
    <njtbob2@X-optonline-X.net> wrote:

    >On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 05:42:42 GMT, "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>Yes, July 5th peak time calls are billed as off peak. You can confirm this
    >>by calling *611.
    >
    >I just called *611 and the rep told me today is a normal weekday.

    Go to the post office and banks and tell them that. The CSR was
    wrong, unless they were talking specifically about the plan *you* are
    on.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    The Ghost of General Lee <ghost@general.lee> wrote:
    > On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:44:12 GMT, Bob Scheurle
    > <njtbob2@X-optonline-X.net> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 05:42:42 GMT, "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>>Yes, July 5th peak time calls are billed as off peak. You can confirm this
    >>>by calling *611.
    >>
    >>I just called *611 and the rep told me today is a normal weekday.
    >
    > Go to the post office and banks and tell them that. The CSR was
    > wrong, unless they were talking specifically about the plan *you* are
    > on.

    GMAFB. There are plenty of businesses open. Including my doctor's office,
    and you know the kind of hours doctors keep (gotta get in those 18 holes,
    y'know). :)

    It'd be cool if 7/5 was offpeak this year, but I don't see any compelling
    reason to complain because it's not.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Andrew <usenetMYSHOES@bizavemyshoes.com> wrote:

    > Yeah, it's called an "observed holiday". Most people have off work,
    > city parking is free, government offices and many business are
    > closed. What's interesting is that nowhere on Verizon's website (I
    > hunted for a few minutes) could I find a list of what they consider
    > "holidays" in regards to peak/off-peak minutes. And the FAQ link on
    > their homepage is busted - it just takes you back to their home page.
    > (Don't tell me "Which holidays do you consider "off-peak" holidays?"
    > isn't a Frequently-asked Question.)
    >
    > Now how much extra money will Verizon make if people use their phones
    > today thinking it's an off-peak day and then wind up going over their
    > minutes for the month?

    The only point I'm willing to concede to you is that the list should
    be posted somewhere (Google for it, it's been posted here, but it
    should be on VZW's website). Not treating an observed holiday as
    offpeak isn't inherently unethical. Unless, of course, you want to
    claim that VZW should be treating the monday on which we celebrate
    MLK's birthday as offpeak. Or President's Day. Neither of those
    days are billed offpeak.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    babolat30@aol.com (Babolat) wrote in message news:<ee1cd441.0407050902.74df6aa7@posting.google.com>...
    > "Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NOSPAM@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<yhaGc.2358$sD4.6@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
    > > "Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > news:i56he0d5q67jmkvqria3ji6bu6jcuog405@4ax.com...
    > > > I'm assuming that since July 5th is the "legal holiday" for the Fourth
    > > > that VZW will consider it a holiday for airtime charges? (in other
    > > > words, off peak time instead of peak time).
    > > >
    > > > Dave
    > > >
    > >
    > > 'Cept for certain parts of Kentucky and Indiana-- according to the *611
    > > intro recording in the Atlanta market.
    > >
    > > Dan'l.
    >
    > I'm in DC and I called up *611 and didn't get any announcement about
    > calls being billed off-peak. Then I spoke with the CSR and they said
    > called will be billed as PEAK calls. Strange!

    Just for the record, and given that July 5th is almost over on the
    east coast, I have an email from a CSR that someone posted on this
    newsgroup a long time ago:


    Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our web site.

    The following days are considered off peak holidays:
    1.New Year Day
    2.Memorial Day
    3.July 4th
    4.Labor Day
    5.Thanksgiving Day
    6.Christmas Day

    As a Friendly reminder, Verizon Wireless just introduced our new
    "Worry
    Free Guarantee". This is a set of 5 guarantee's we give our customers
    to
    ensure their complete satisfaction. We truly want to make using
    wireless
    simple and affordable for our customers and with our Worry Free
    Guarantee
    this promises just that.

    Please write to us again through www.VerizonWireless.com if you have
    any
    further questions.

    Sincerely,

    Jeremy
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Care


    Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------


    Form Message

    Full Name: Danny Smith
    Contact By: Email
    Email Address: dms76@neo.rr.com
    Daytime Phone Area Code: 330
    Daytime Phone Prefix: 618
    Daytime Phone Suffix: xxxx
    Daytime Phone Extension:
    Fax Area Code:
    Fax Prefix:
    Fax Suffix:
    Account Number:
    Mobile Area Code: 330
    Mobile Prefix: 618
    Mobile Suffix: xxxx
    SSN: 9095
    Primary Subject: I have a question on another topic
    Secondary Subject: Other
    Message Body: What are the holidays that are counteded as off peak
    holidays? Danny
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Diamond Dave <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >>The only reason people are getting time off today is because they didn't
    >>get to get the 4th off because it was a day most of them wouldn't have been
    >>working anyhow.
    >
    > That is true, but for the vast majority of us, it was a paid holiday.

    Point being, it just *happens* to be a day off, it's not going to be a day
    off next year, it's not consistently a federal holiday, and I still fail to
    see what the big deal is.


    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NOSPAM@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:yhaGc.2358$sD4.6@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
    > "Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:i56he0d5q67jmkvqria3ji6bu6jcuog405@4ax.com...
    > > I'm assuming that since July 5th is the "legal holiday" for the Fourth
    > > that VZW will consider it a holiday for airtime charges? (in other
    > > words, off peak time instead of peak time).
    > >
    > > Dave
    > >
    >
    > 'Cept for certain parts of Kentucky and Indiana-- according to the *611
    > intro recording in the Atlanta market.
    >
    > Dan'l.

    With all these posts saying today is peak, I recalled *611. The message is
    gone-- and I talked to a CSR who said today is peak.

    I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for it.

    Dan'l.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:

    > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for it.

    ....assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    airtime you don't have to pay extra for?

    This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    free because a bunch of people have the day off.

    I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    is to GET OVER IT.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:47:30 -0500, Steven J Sobol
    <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:


    >I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    >about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    >people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    >is to GET OVER IT.

    If I recall correctly, you recently dropped VZW. Why then do you care
    anymore?

    Dave
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:<l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net>...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.

    Quite a few of you are wrong.. From the rep I spoke with and looking
    at past major hoildays today was indeed billed as off-peak. I heard
    the recording yesterday and I confirmed this by speaking to the CSR
    today when I did not hear the recording when I called today. She did
    say it was select markets, not everyone was going to be billed as
    off-peak. She did say my market was being billed as off-peak...NYC
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Diamond Dave <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:47:30 -0500, Steven J Sobol
    > <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    >>about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    >>people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    >>is to GET OVER IT.
    >
    > If I recall correctly, you recently dropped VZW. Why then do you care
    > anymore?

    Am dropping. My Sprint phone arrives tomorrow. I can't port my number
    without an ETF until the end of August. My VZW account will be active until
    then.

    And why do I care? You guys are being a bunch of whiny babies, Dave. I'm
    moving to Sprint. I don't recall Sprint billing *any* major holidays as
    offpeak. It's one of the perks of having Verizon instead of Sprint.
    Given that, I find this whole argument that "Verizon is screwing us by
    not making July 5th offpeak" more than a little specious, and rather
    annoying.

    I'd certainly expect more from you and most of the other newsgroup
    regulars posting in this thread. Which is saying a lot, considering
    that I've never had a single problem with anything you've ever said
    here up until now.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 19:55:24 -0400, Diamond Dave <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com>
    chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    everything:

    >I'm assuming that since July 5th is the "legal holiday" for the Fourth
    >that VZW will consider it a holiday for airtime charges? (in other
    >words, off peak time instead of peak time).

    Yes.

    And I sat here all day until it finally occurred to me to use my free time
    to connect to NA.

    --
    David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
    Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
    "Whenever Hillary sees him her knees start knocking." - Bill Clinton on
    Jimmy Smits
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@justthe.net> wrote:
    : Andrew <usenetMYSHOES@bizavemyshoes.com> wrote:
    :
    : > Yeah, it's called an "observed holiday". Most people have off work,
    : > city parking is free, government offices and many business are
    : > closed. What's interesting is that nowhere on Verizon's website (I
    : > hunted for a few minutes) could I find a list of what they consider
    : > "holidays" in regards to peak/off-peak minutes. And the FAQ link on
    : > their homepage is busted - it just takes you back to their home page.
    : > (Don't tell me "Which holidays do you consider "off-peak" holidays?"
    : > isn't a Frequently-asked Question.)
    : >
    : > Now how much extra money will Verizon make if people use their phones
    : > today thinking it's an off-peak day and then wind up going over their
    : > minutes for the month?

    : The only point I'm willing to concede to you is that the list should
    : be posted somewhere (Google for it, it's been posted here, but it
    : should be on VZW's website). Not treating an observed holiday as
    : offpeak isn't inherently unethical. Unless, of course, you want to
    : claim that VZW should be treating the monday on which we celebrate
    : MLK's birthday as offpeak. Or President's Day. Neither of those
    : days are billed offpeak.

    Was July 4th an off-peak last year, when it wasn't on Sunday? (I
    wasn't a Verizon customer last July 4th.) If so, it should be this
    year, unless they make a special announcement that things have changed
    this year. July 5th is the observed July 4th holiday, so it should be
    treated the same as if it were indeed July 4th. FWIW, I think July
    4th was off-peak with AT&T last year when I was their customer...

    The list of holidays should be clearly stated and it should be
    consistent - that's all I ask. It should be not only listed on their
    website - it should be on their HOME PAGE on or near the day in
    question stating, "Reminder: July 5th is a PEAK day!" But what are
    the chances Verizon would put such a notice up as a service to their
    customers? All that would do is cost them lost revenue.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
    *******************************************************************
    ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
    ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
    *******************************************************************
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Andrew <usenetMYSHOES@bizavemyshoes.com> wrote:

    > Was July 4th an off-peak last year, when it wasn't on Sunday? (I
    > wasn't a Verizon customer last July 4th.) If so, it should be this
    > year, unless they make a special announcement that things have changed
    > this year. July 5th is the observed July 4th holiday, so it should be
    > treated the same as if it were indeed July 4th. FWIW, I think July
    > 4th was off-peak with AT&T last year when I was their customer...

    Yes it was, and you're still really stretching to make your point.

    July 4th is always, always, ALWAYS billed offpeak by Verizon whether or
    not it's a weekday. So are Labor Day, Christmas, New Years and
    Thanksgiving. And one or two other days, I forget which.A

    Some carriers don't bill ANY holidays as offpeak..

    > The list of holidays should be clearly stated and it should be
    > consistent - that's all I ask. It should be not only listed on their
    > website - it should be on their HOME PAGE on or near the day in
    > question stating, "Reminder: July 5th is a PEAK day!" But what are
    > the chances Verizon would put such a notice up as a service to their
    > customers? All that would do is cost them lost revenue.

    Dude, you're being a complete idiot here. On holidays billed as offpeak,
    you can dial *611, and immediately after "Welcome to Verizon Wireless!
    We never stop working for you." the computer will tell you that today's
    airtime is being billed as offpeak airtime. They DO tell you. I agree
    that they should say on the website too, and probably on one of the
    pages of the previous month's bill. But they've always been consistent.
    The list of days has been EXACTLY THE SAME since I became a customer
    in September 2000, and that's only a scant few months after Verizon
    Wireless came into existence.

    And that's not all you're asking. You want today to be free because
    yesterday was free and you feel cheated out of your offpeak airtime.

    No, really. Otherwise you wouldn't be complaining in the first place.

    Get over it already. Again, they should make their list of offpeak
    holidays more prominent, but that's the ONLY thing you've been right
    about in this thread.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:47:39 -0400, The Ghost of General Lee
    <ghost@general.lee> wrote:
    >
    >>I just called *611 and the rep told me today is a normal weekday.
    >
    >Go to the post office and banks and tell them that. The CSR was
    >wrong, unless they were talking specifically about the plan *you* are
    >on.

    Well, the post office and banks are closed on Veterans Day, but it's a
    regular peak-period day for your Verizon Wireless plan.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 01:16:11 GMT, Bob Scheurle
    <njtbob2@X-optonline-X.net> wrote:

    >On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:47:39 -0400, The Ghost of General Lee
    ><ghost@general.lee> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just called *611 and the rep told me today is a normal weekday.
    >>
    >>Go to the post office and banks and tell them that. The CSR was
    >>wrong, unless they were talking specifically about the plan *you* are
    >>on.
    >
    >Well, the post office and banks are closed on Veterans Day, but it's a
    >regular peak-period day for your Verizon Wireless plan.

    And therefore Veteran's Day isn't a "normal weekday" either, is it?
    VZW has nothing to do with it.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Steve,

    I will miss your posts--and, just for the record, I wasn't complaining,
    merely stating that my minutes today were not being counted as "off peak".
    Why are you moving to Sprint, or is it a long story? Hubby is with them,
    and between his phone and my Verizon, we are just about always covered.

    Good luck!

    Janie
    "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:CZqdnQFOQbrXkXfdRVn-sw@lmi.net...
    > Diamond Dave <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > > On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:47:30 -0500, Steven J Sobol
    > > <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > >>about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > >>people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > >>is to GET OVER IT.
    > >
    > > If I recall correctly, you recently dropped VZW. Why then do you care
    > > anymore?
    >
    > Am dropping. My Sprint phone arrives tomorrow. I can't port my number
    > without an ETF until the end of August. My VZW account will be active
    until
    > then.
    >
    > And why do I care? You guys are being a bunch of whiny babies, Dave. I'm
    > moving to Sprint. I don't recall Sprint billing *any* major holidays as
    > offpeak. It's one of the perks of having Verizon instead of Sprint.
    > Given that, I find this whole argument that "Verizon is screwing us by
    > not making July 5th offpeak" more than a little specious, and rather
    > annoying.
    >
    > I'd certainly expect more from you and most of the other newsgroup
    > regulars posting in this thread. Which is saying a lot, considering
    > that I've never had a single problem with anything you've ever said
    > here up until now.
    >
    > --
    > JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    > Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
    sjsobol@JustThe.net
    > PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    > Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Janie Collins <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote:
    > Steve,
    >
    > I will miss your posts--and, just for the record, I wasn't complaining,
    > merely stating that my minutes today were not being counted as "off peak".
    > Why are you moving to Sprint, or is it a long story? Hubby is with them,
    > and between his phone and my Verizon, we are just about always covered.

    In fact, if I can get the project done tonight that I need to get done,
    I'll be posting in a little while. I enjoy talking with y'all too.

    I'll be hanging out here, just not really posting much.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for
    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.


    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:

    > You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    > able to believe what VZW tells you.

    Yes, that's a big issue. Another big issue, which I've already mentioned,
    is that Verizon need to put in plain view, on its website, the list of
    holidays billed offpeak, and what happens if a holiday falls on a Sunday.

    > I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    > the rules so I can act accordingly.
    >
    > It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Agreed.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 21:19:54 -0500, Steven J Sobol
    <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

    >
    >Am dropping. My Sprint phone arrives tomorrow. I can't port my number
    >without an ETF until the end of August. My VZW account will be active until
    >then.
    >
    >And why do I care? You guys are being a bunch of whiny babies, Dave. I'm
    >moving to Sprint. I don't recall Sprint billing *any* major holidays as
    >offpeak. It's one of the perks of having Verizon instead of Sprint.
    >Given that, I find this whole argument that "Verizon is screwing us by
    >not making July 5th offpeak" more than a little specious, and rather
    >annoying.
    >
    >I'd certainly expect more from you and most of the other newsgroup
    >regulars posting in this thread. Which is saying a lot, considering
    >that I've never had a single problem with anything you've ever said
    >here up until now.


    You know what? You take things too seriously at times.

    The only reason I created this thread is to

    1) Get some VZW discussion on this newsgroup (I'm so sick of that spam
    that appears here)

    2) Just trying to see what people's reaction would be.

    I really didn't care that July 5th was peak minutes instead of off
    peak. I have more peak minutes each month than I ever use (came close
    once but still was within 30 minutes of my alloted time). I was just
    curious if VZW was gonna declare it a holiday or not. Obviously they
    took the cheap way out, but that doesn't really bother me.

    Yes, I know you're moving to Sprint (feel sorry for you already!)
    because of lack of good coverage where you now live. As I've always
    said, go with the company that gives you what you want and can be used
    where you need it the most. Granted, all carriers work about the same
    (rather poorly) where I now live. 3 months ago I lived where VZW and
    others worked great. Now I'm lucky if I can keep a signal without
    dropping. Sprint, Cingular and VZW are the same where I now live.
    However, where I travel, VZW does a great job so I've stuck with them.

    (Tried to convince the wife and her daughter to switch - they like
    Cingular's "roll me over" minutes)

    So take a chill pill, Steve :-) Sometimes I like to stir up the pot
    to see what happens. Seems like you and a lot of others took the bait.

    Dave
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Sobol,
    Sounds like sour grapes for you... So Verizon didn't work out for you at the
    new place. And you think Sprint PCS will be better, more power to you. But
    Sprint gives away less than VZW. And the cost is not really better IMHO.

    Now VZW is making tons of money, and they could afford to give a little
    away. They have the fewest promotions, special, and options, of any carrier,
    well because
    they don't have to offer them.

    But it would not kill them to have a few more holiday options. I was off all
    day yesterday, and even could have attended a parade. VZW should be willing
    to give a little, or one day they will wake up with a dwindling customer
    base. Great network or not.

    I think Cingular & AT&T merger is the best thing
    that happened to the industry, and Cingular will catch up and perhaps
    surpass
    the great VZW.

    So it's not whining, I think it's a legitimate complaint.
    AL

    "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:CZqdnQFOQbrXkXfdRVn-sw@lmi.net...
    > Am dropping. My Sprint phone arrives tomorrow. I can't port my number
    > without an ETF until the end of August. My VZW account will be active
    until
    > then.
    >
    > And why do I care? You guys are being a bunch of whiny babies, Dave. I'm
    > moving to Sprint. I don't recall Sprint billing *any* major holidays as
    > offpeak. It's one of the perks of having Verizon instead of Sprint.
    > Given that, I find this whole argument that "Verizon is screwing us by
    > not making July 5th offpeak" more than a little specious, and rather
    > annoying.
    >
    > I'd certainly expect more from you and most of the other newsgroup
    > regulars posting in this thread. Which is saying a lot, considering
    > that I've never had a single problem with anything you've ever said
    > here up until now.
    >
    > --
    > JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    > Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
    sjsobol@JustThe.net
    > PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    > Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    AL <al145 @ delete.hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Sobol,
    > Sounds like sour grapes for you... So Verizon didn't work out for you at the
    > new place. And you think Sprint PCS will be better, more power to you. But
    > Sprint gives away less than VZW. And the cost is not really better IMHO.

    Hm. Flat-rate SMS messaging and PCS Vision (1xRTT) web access, monthly download
    credits... and more minutes for lower cost. I'd disagree with you. The costs
    for similar plans (America's Choice versus PCS Free and Clear, for example),
    ARE actually pretty close, though. T-Mobile is probably *the* cheapest carrier
    these days. But I like what I'm getting from Sprint. Yeah, I'm giving something
    up, a half-dozen days that are no longer going to be offpeak. OTOH, since most
    of my family and a number of my friends are on Sprint, the $5 unlimited PCS
    to PCS option is worth much more to me. :) I could pay another $5 per month
    for 7pm nights, but I've decided not to do that right now.

    > away. They have the fewest promotions, special, and options, of any carrier,
    > well because
    > they don't have to offer them.

    I know.

    > But it would not kill them to have a few more holiday options. I was off all
    > day yesterday, and even could have attended a parade. VZW should be willing
    > to give a little, or one day they will wake up with a dwindling customer
    > base. Great network or not.

    I have to agree with you there.

    > I think Cingular & AT&T merger is the best thing
    > that happened to the industry, and Cingular will catch up and perhaps
    > surpass
    > the great VZW.

    It's definitely going to make things interesting. VZ needs some competition
    from a carrier of similar size.

    > So it's not whining, I think it's a legitimate complaint.

    I still say it's sour grapes (to use your phrase). My point was that there
    ARE carriers that don't even give you the holidays VZW gives you.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Diamond Dave <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Feel sorry for me if you like. :) I've been a Sprint customer since the end of
    >>'01. Wife's phone is a Sprint phone and always has been. They're definitely
    >>not perfect, but they did manage to iron out the hideous customer service
    >>issues they had a couple years ago, and the service works where I need it to.
    >
    > I used to be a Sprint LD customer and my father still is. Left them in
    > 1997, never looked back. I've heard so many horror stories with LD,
    > Local and PCS that I chose to stay away. Also where I live, SPCS has
    > poor coverage. But of course, YMMV.

    MMDV, in fact. Sprint PCS, Sprint Long Distance too. I have the Sprint 50
    at Home promotion that the company offers to their wireless customers. And
    they work for me.

    In fact, Verizon Wireless also works quite well in most places around Southern
    California, and based on their network and coverage, I'd still recommend them.
    But not in Victorville, where they've had unresolved issues for months. Also,
    my bills used to come from Irvine (out near Los Angeles) and my calls used
    to go to the Rancho Cordova, CA call center. Now my calls go to Seattle (I
    am not sure any of them are routed to RC anymore) and my bills come from a
    Seattle suburb. Don't know if that has had any effect on customer service,
    and the CSRs are always polite and try to help, but I'm just not getting the
    stellar customer service I used to get from the fine folks in Dublin, Ohio
    when I lived in Cleveland. (Dublin is the corporate office handling Ohio and
    Michigan accounts. Or was, at least, up until I moved here last July.)

    >>UPS just dropped off my Samsung A660 and I'm playing with it, so I might
    >>be off the newsgroup for a while. :)
    >
    > Understood. Go play with your new toy :-)

    Dude. Flat-rate Vision, including ringtone downloads, and for $15,
    I can buy Xingtone and make ringtones out of WAV files and CD tracks. If I
    get ringtones from Sprint I have to pay per download. (of course that also
    applies to Java apps and screensavers and other content)

    Yummy-licious. Now I understand why people complain about Verizon not
    having gadget phones (though I didn't think it was worth spending more
    money for a camera or video phone).

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:40:09 -0500, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    everything:

    >The Ghost of General Lee <ghost@general.lee> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:44:12 GMT, Bob Scheurle
    >> <njtbob2@X-optonline-X.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 05:42:42 GMT, "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>>>Yes, July 5th peak time calls are billed as off peak. You can confirm this
    >>>>by calling *611.
    >>>
    >>>I just called *611 and the rep told me today is a normal weekday.
    >>
    >> Go to the post office and banks and tell them that. The CSR was
    >> wrong, unless they were talking specifically about the plan *you* are
    >> on.
    >
    >GMAFB. There are plenty of businesses open. Including my doctor's office,
    >and you know the kind of hours doctors keep (gotta get in those 18 holes,
    >y'know). :)

    None of which contradicts his statement that banks and post offices are
    closed. We also did not have our normal Monday garbage pickup.

    >It'd be cool if 7/5 was offpeak this year, but I don't see any compelling
    >reason to complain because it's not.

    How about because you'd be getting less than what your contract promises
    you? The standard America's Choice plan includes six holidays, and if any
    of them is on a day which is off-peak anyway, you are losing out on one
    sixth of your free days, so they give you the next day to compensate. If
    they didn't, you and a lot of other people would bitch about it.

    --
    David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
    Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
    "Sir, I need you to dig in now. It wasn't a nightmare. You really are the
    President." - Charlie Young
  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:

    > How about because you'd be getting less than what your contract promises
    > you? The standard America's Choice plan includes six holidays, and if any
    > of them is on a day which is off-peak anyway, you are losing out on one
    > sixth of your free days, so they give you the next day to compensate. If
    > they didn't, you and a lot of other people would bitch about it.

    Actually, I don't care. :) Never have before, either.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:47:30 -0500, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    everything:

    >Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    >> have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for it.
    >
    >...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    >minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    >not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    >airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    >This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    >free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    >a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    >free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    >I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    >about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    >people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    >is to GET OVER IT.

    If I go over my minutes (which is unlikely anyway, but I did use NA for
    over an hour of normally-peak time yesterday) I will have reason to bitch
    because i called CS back in January and they TOLD me July 5 would be
    off-peak.

    Interestingly, I just (writing this at 10:30 am) did a #646 and the
    estimate is as of *before* I got on NA, so those minutes don't show up in
    ANY bucket yet. This is unusual behavior for #646 (especially since just
    last week, it was up to date within a few minutes, for the first time since
    I started using it).

    --
    David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
    Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
    "Here in the newspaper industry, we LOVE giving you instructions for
    elaborate holiday craft projects that we would never dream of making
    ourselves. Our role model is Martha Stewart, who actually lives in a Motel
    6 room furnished entirely with used KFC boxes." - Dave Barry
  32. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:

    > If I go over my minutes (which is unlikely anyway, but I did use NA for
    > over an hour of normally-peak time yesterday) I will have reason to bitch
    > because i called CS back in January and they TOLD me July 5 would be
    > off-peak.

    *THAT* is a valid reason to complain.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <2KWdnS9yNrsll3fd4p2dnA@lmi.net>,
    Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
    >July 4th is always, always, ALWAYS billed offpeak by Verizon whether or
    >not it's a weekday. So are Labor Day, Christmas, New Years and
    >Thanksgiving. And one or two other days, I forget which.

    You mean that the calls I made on July 4 on my plan which has a weekend
    bucket will be billed out of my peak/off-peak bucket and not my weekend
    bucket??! (old SRN+3200 weekend minutes)
  34. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    CharlesH <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote:
    > In article <2KWdnS9yNrsll3fd4p2dnA@lmi.net>,
    > Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
    >>July 4th is always, always, ALWAYS billed offpeak by Verizon whether or
    >>not it's a weekday. So are Labor Day, Christmas, New Years and
    >>Thanksgiving. And one or two other days, I forget which.
    >
    > You mean that the calls I made on July 4 on my plan which has a weekend
    > bucket will be billed out of my peak/off-peak bucket and not my weekend
    > bucket??! (old SRN+3200 weekend minutes)

    I meant "offpeak" in the generic sense. You can confirm this with VZW
    if you want - I believe they come out of weekend instead of night bucket...
    iow, if you only have nights and not weekends you still pay.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 21:14:12 -0500, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    everything:

    >Diamond Dave <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>>The only reason people are getting time off today is because they didn't
    >>>get to get the 4th off because it was a day most of them wouldn't have been
    >>>working anyhow.
    >>
    >> That is true, but for the vast majority of us, it was a paid holiday.
    >
    >Point being, it just *happens* to be a day off, it's not going to be a day
    >off next year, it's not consistently a federal holiday, and I still fail to
    >see what the big deal is.

    The big deal, besides what I already posted about us being entitled to six
    free days per year, is that CS *told* me July 5 would be free (yeah, right,
    why believe *them*?).

    I just did a #646 and it looks like they did, in fact, bill my NA time on
    Monday as peak. It's pretty unlikely that I will go over anyway, but if I
    do, it's certainly worth bitching about.

    --
    David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
    Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
    "I've gone off the idea of progress. It's overrated." - Arthur Dent
  36. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On 5 Jul 2004 20:59:21 -0700, babolat30@aol.com (Babolat) chose to add this
    to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

    >Just for the record, and given that July 5th is almost over on the
    >east coast, I have an email from a CSR that someone posted on this
    >newsgroup a long time ago:
    >
    >
    >Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our web site.
    >
    >The following days are considered off peak holidays:
    >1.New Year Day
    >2.Memorial Day
    >3.July 4th
    >4.Labor Day
    >5.Thanksgiving Day
    >6.Christmas Day


    Hey, guess what?! We can have this argument again this December! Christmas
    and New Year's are on Saturdays and therefore also off-peak anyway. Then we
    can do it again *next* December when they'll be on Sundays...

    I plan to ask this question via email and keep the response on file. And
    then shove it down their throats when they renege.

    --
    David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
    Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
    "Wounded come before personal chafing." - Col. Sherman Potter
  37. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message news:<tr5oe0dllr15r9dir46797e4c2l0nas1ek@4ax.com>...
    > On 5 Jul 2004 20:59:21 -0700, babolat30@aol.com (Babolat) chose to add this
    > to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:
    >
    > >Just for the record, and given that July 5th is almost over on the
    > >east coast, I have an email from a CSR that someone posted on this
    > >newsgroup a long time ago:
    > >
    > >
    > >Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our web site.
    > >
    > >The following days are considered off peak holidays:
    > >1.New Year Day
    > >2.Memorial Day
    > >3.July 4th
    > >4.Labor Day
    > >5.Thanksgiving Day
    > >6.Christmas Day
    >
    >

    > I plan to ask this question via email and keep the response on file. And
    > then shove it down their throats when they renege.

    Well, you can't argue with them because they'll claim they gave you
    july 4th off which they did. Just happened to be that it was on a
    Sunday! While, it would have been good business practice to give us
    the Monday off as well, you can't argue with them based on the email
    above.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <ee1cd441.0407091644.cfc4490@posting.google.com>,
    Babolat <babolat30@aol.com> wrote:
    >David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
    >news:<tr5oe0dllr15r9dir46797e4c2l0nas1ek@4ax.com>...
    >> On 5 Jul 2004 20:59:21 -0700, babolat30@aol.com (Babolat) chose to add this
    >> to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:
    >>
    >> >Just for the record, and given that July 5th is almost over on the
    >> >east coast, I have an email from a CSR that someone posted on this
    >> >newsgroup a long time ago:
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our web site.
    >> >
    >> >The following days are considered off peak holidays:
    >> >1.New Year Day
    >> >2.Memorial Day
    >> >3.July 4th
    >> >4.Labor Day
    >> >5.Thanksgiving Day
    >> >6.Christmas Day

    I have NSR with a 3200 weekend-only minutes promotion. For me peak and
    night/offpeak come out of my plan minutes, and weekends come out of the
    3200-minute bucket. I would be REALLY ticked if they strictly applied
    the above and billed my Sunday, July 4 minutes as off-peak rather than
    weekend.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    CharlesH wrote:
    >
    > In article <ee1cd441.0407091644.cfc4490@posting.google.com>,
    > Babolat <babolat30@aol.com> wrote:
    > >David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
    > >news:<tr5oe0dllr15r9dir46797e4c2l0nas1ek@4ax.com>...
    > >> On 5 Jul 2004 20:59:21 -0700, babolat30@aol.com (Babolat) chose to add this
    > >> to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:
    > >>
    > >> >Just for the record, and given that July 5th is almost over on the
    > >> >east coast, I have an email from a CSR that someone posted on this
    > >> >newsgroup a long time ago:
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> >Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our web site.
    > >> >
    > >> >The following days are considered off peak holidays:
    > >> >1.New Year Day
    > >> >2.Memorial Day
    > >> >3.July 4th
    > >> >4.Labor Day
    > >> >5.Thanksgiving Day
    > >> >6.Christmas Day
    >
    > I have NSR with a 3200 weekend-only minutes promotion. For me peak and
    > night/offpeak come out of my plan minutes, and weekends come out of the
    > 3200-minute bucket. I would be REALLY ticked if they strictly applied
    > the above and billed my Sunday, July 4 minutes as off-peak rather than
    > weekend.

    "REALLY ticked"

    I'm not singling you out, Charles, but it absolutely amazes me what
    REALLY ticks people off, these days.

    Priorities, folks. Priorities.

    Notan
  40. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
    news:40F09AF5.19AAB836@ddress.com...

    >
    > "REALLY ticked"
    >
    > I'm not singling you out, Charles, but it absolutely amazes me what
    > REALLY ticks people off, these days.
    >
    > Priorities, folks. Priorities.
    >

    Agreed. I'm actually somewhat amused at the volume of posts every time a
    holiday rolls around. You would think that the entire cellular industry
    needs to rethink their marketing philosophies to focus solely on holidays.
    And the posts would make it seem as if people increase their usage on these
    days by an incredible amount of minutes.

    Here's a suggestion- base your expectations on the normal bucket of minutes
    the holiday would fall into, based on the day of the week it occurs. If it
    ends up being cheaper, you're ahead of the game.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Scott Stephenson <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

    > Here's a suggestion- base your expectations on the normal bucket of minutes
    > the holiday would fall into, based on the day of the week it occurs. If it
    > ends up being cheaper, you're ahead of the game.

    Good advice! Honestly, it never even made a difference to me on Verizon
    that certain holidays were offpeak because I budgeted minutes for those
    days anyhow. And it won't make a difference to me now that I'm using a
    carrier that bills all weekdays as peak.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
  42. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On 11 Jul 2004 01:16:17 GMT, hoch@exemplary.invalid (CharlesH) chose to add
    this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

    >In article <ee1cd441.0407091644.cfc4490@posting.google.com>,
    >Babolat <babolat30@aol.com> wrote:
    >>David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
    >>news:<tr5oe0dllr15r9dir46797e4c2l0nas1ek@4ax.com>...
    >>> On 5 Jul 2004 20:59:21 -0700, babolat30@aol.com (Babolat) chose to add this
    >>> to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:
    >>>
    >>> >Just for the record, and given that July 5th is almost over on the
    >>> >east coast, I have an email from a CSR that someone posted on this
    >>> >newsgroup a long time ago:
    >>> >
    >>> >Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our web site.
    >>> >
    >>> >The following days are considered off peak holidays:
    >>> >1.New Year Day
    >>> >2.Memorial Day
    >>> >3.July 4th
    >>> >4.Labor Day
    >>> >5.Thanksgiving Day
    >>> >6.Christmas Day
    >
    >I have NSR with a 3200 weekend-only minutes promotion. For me peak and
    >night/offpeak come out of my plan minutes, and weekends come out of the
    >3200-minute bucket. I would be REALLY ticked if they strictly applied
    >the above and billed my Sunday, July 4 minutes as off-peak rather than
    >weekend.

    Don't get *too* excited over a post here. Most of us use "off-peak" as a
    generic term that means both night and weekend. In fact, I think I remember
    the last time this came around that someone said holidays count as weekend
    days.

    --
    David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
    Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
    "Joe Namath is 20 yards underweight." - NBC sportscaster Charles Jones
  43. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:58:40 -0600, "Scott Stephenson"
    <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> chose to add this to the great equation
    of life, the universe, and everything:

    >
    >"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
    >news:40F09AF5.19AAB836@ddress.com...
    >
    >> "REALLY ticked"
    >>
    >> I'm not singling you out, Charles, but it absolutely amazes me what
    >> REALLY ticks people off, these days.
    >>
    >> Priorities, folks. Priorities.
    >
    >Agreed. I'm actually somewhat amused at the volume of posts every time a
    >holiday rolls around. You would think that the entire cellular industry
    >needs to rethink their marketing philosophies to focus solely on holidays.
    >And the posts would make it seem as if people increase their usage on these
    >days by an incredible amount of minutes.
    >
    >Here's a suggestion- base your expectations on the normal bucket of minutes
    >the holiday would fall into, based on the day of the week it occurs. If it
    >ends up being cheaper, you're ahead of the game.

    Some people, if they have free holidays, will use them to call people. I,
    if I had remembered, would have used it for web surfing (but it turns out
    it may be just as well, since it appears they charged the minutes I did use
    as peak, conflicting with what they told me back in January).

    --
    David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
    Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
    "Okay, we just kill the beastie and then all is good, we're rollin' in
    puppies." - Willow Rosenberg
  44. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:48:28 -0400, The Ghost of General Lee
    <ghost@general.lee> wrote:
    >
    >>Confirmed. It is PEAK minutes today.
    >
    >Just how did you "confirm" this? Your bill come in yet?

    I got my bill today, and calls on July 5 were billed as PEAK period
    calls.
Ask a new question

Read More

Verizon Internet Service Providers