Faxing with Outlook

June 20, 2005 1:58:02 AM

Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to send
faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard but
I want to be able to send attachments.
Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
what?

More about : faxing outlook

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:38:04 AM

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:58:02 -0700, Marrion wrote:

> Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to send
> faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
> through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard but
> I want to be able to send attachments.
> Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
> what?

Do you have a fax service provider? If no, you won't be able to do this
with Outlook or any of the other Office Programs.

Or are you using XP's Fax component and a fax modem?

The Office newsgroups will be able to help you set this up:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default...
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

"Marrion" <Marrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 55B60A0-AA19-4FF7-9C01-E95DCB13B5F0@microsoft.com...
> Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to
> send
> faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
> through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard
> but
> I want to be able to send attachments.
> Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
> what?
June 20, 2005 12:48:09 PM

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:58:02 -0700, "Marrion"
<Marrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to send
>faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
>through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard but
>I want to be able to send attachments.
>Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
>what?
?
fax software converts files, whatever their flavour, text or image into
a " bitmap" .This image is then "printed" to your 'phone line after
providing a recipients number. As to attachments, this is not possible
like it is with email. Each "attachment" would have to opened or viewed
for the bitmap conversion process prior to take place to sending.
HTH
Mike H
remove -bats- to reply
June 21, 2005 12:33:33 AM

Are you on dial up or Broadband?

Dial up should be OK...but no way on broadband unless you have a paid for
sevice to send a fax...

xxxxx

<LsuEdu@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
>

> "Marrion" <Marrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 55B60A0-AA19-4FF7-9C01-E95DCB13B5F0@microsoft.com...
>> Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to
>> send
>> faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
>> through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard
>> but
>> I want to be able to send attachments.
>> Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
>> what?

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 8:23:02 PM

Thankyou for your reply, I am using ISDN and have found out that I can't use
XP fax with this connection, will have to wait until Broadband is available
or buy a fax machine.

"David" wrote:

> Are you on dial up or Broadband?
>
> Dial up should be OK...but no way on broadband unless you have a paid for
> sevice to send a fax...
>
> xxxxx
>

> <LsuEdu@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
> > microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
> >

> > "Marrion" <Marrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:D 55B60A0-AA19-4FF7-9C01-E95DCB13B5F0@microsoft.com...
> >> Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to
> >> send
> >> faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
> >> through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard
> >> but
> >> I want to be able to send attachments.
> >> Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
> >> what?

August 1, 2005 6:14:43 AM

Faxing should be an option of your ISDN software/drivers.
I use fax on an ISDN line
You cannot fax on a broadband connection, leastways cable broadband
Fax requires a std line
Faxing with OL depends on your version of OL, and the type of OL
installation

!