Faxing with Outlook

Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to send
faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard but
I want to be able to send attachments.
Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
what?
6 answers Last reply
More about faxing outlook

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:58:02 -0700, Marrion wrote:

    > Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to send
    > faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
    > through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard but
    > I want to be able to send attachments.
    > Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
    > what?

    Do you have a fax service provider? If no, you won't be able to do this
    with Outlook or any of the other Office Programs.

    Or are you using XP's Fax component and a fax modem?

    The Office newsgroups will be able to help you set this up:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

    "Marrion" <Marrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to
    > send
    > faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
    > through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard
    > but
    > I want to be able to send attachments.
    > Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
    > what?

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:58:02 -0700, "Marrion"
    <Marrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to send
    >faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
    >through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard but
    >I want to be able to send attachments.
    >Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
    >what?
    ?
    fax software converts files, whatever their flavour, text or image into
    a " bitmap" .This image is then "printed" to your 'phone line after
    providing a recipients number. As to attachments, this is not possible
    like it is with email. Each "attachment" would have to opened or viewed
    for the bitmap conversion process prior to take place to sending.
    HTH
    Mike H
    remove -bats- to reply

    Are you on dial up or Broadband?

    Dial up should be OK...but no way on broadband unless you have a paid for
    sevice to send a fax...

    xxxxx

    <LsuEdu@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    >

    > "Marrion" <Marrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to
    >> send
    >> faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
    >> through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard
    >> but
    >> I want to be able to send attachments.
    >> Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
    >> what?

    Thankyou for your reply, I am using ISDN and have found out that I can't use
    XP fax with this connection, will have to wait until Broadband is available
    or buy a fax machine.

    "David" wrote:

    > Are you on dial up or Broadband?
    >
    > Dial up should be OK...but no way on broadband unless you have a paid for
    > sevice to send a fax...
    >
    > xxxxx
    >

    > <LsuEdu@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    > > microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    > >

    > > "Marrion" <Marrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> Could someone tell me in simple terms how to configure my MS/Outlook to
    > >> send
    > >> faxes, please? I use O/Express as my email client but cant send faxes
    > >> through OE. I have configured my computer to send faxes with the Wizard
    > >> but
    > >> I want to be able to send attachments.
    > >> Do I have to import my address book with the appropriate fax numbers or
    > >> what?

    Faxing should be an option of your ISDN software/drivers.
    I use fax on an ISDN line
    You cannot fax on a broadband connection, leastways cable broadband
    Fax requires a std line
    Faxing with OL depends on your version of OL, and the type of OL
    installation

    > Thankyou for your reply, I am using ISDN and have found out that I can't
    use
    > XP fax with this connection, will have to wait until Broadband is
    available
    > or buy a fax machine.
    >
    > "David" wrote:
    >
    > > Are you on dial up or Broadband?
    > >
    > > Dial up should be OK...but no way on broadband unless you have a paid
    for
    > > sevice to send a fax...
    > >
    > > xxxxx
    > >

    > > <LsuEdu@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message